7

Gabriella left Mateo with a sitter and went to Taylor's gym. She was curious to see her training in action. She figured if she really was one of the best there was no harm in scoping the competition and picking up a few tricks. She arrived at the gym and made her way in. She saw Taylor with her trainer. She was too focused on punching the pads on his hands to notice anything else.

Gabriella watched from across the gym. Taylor hit with full force that even her trainer had to take steps back from the strong hits. "Good." Her trainer nodded and took the punching pads off. Taylor took and break and turned to see Gabriella across the gym. A smile slowly crept on her lips.

"You showed?" She asked. Taylor's trainer looked toward the same direction surprised to see her. "Wes, you know Gabriella right?" Taylor asked. He nodded as Gabriella approached. "So does this mean a fight is on?" He asked shaking her hand. "It's still a no. But Taylor invited me to come watch her train so I figured there was no harm in coming." Gabriella shrugged. "Okay, cool with me." Wes nodded sand walked off.

"I want a rematch on our sparring session." Taylor said. "Winner gets a congratulatory kiss." She smirked. Gabriella rolled her eyes. "In your dreams." She replied. "It's a joke." Taylor laughed. "Is it really?" Gabriella asked. Taylor glanced at Gabriella's lips and slightly bit her bottom lip. "Just jokes." Taylor replied.

"Okay then." Gabriella said as she unzipped her jacket revealing her toned figure in a black sports bra and gray shorts. Taylor tried not to stare and looked off at the equipment around the gym. "So what's this training plan?" Gabriella asked as she stretched. "Trying to steal my moves?" Taylor joked. "Are you scared?" Gabriella teased.

"Are you both up for a sparring session?" Wes asked as he approached. Taylor looked to Gabriella waiting on her response. "Ready to lose again?" Gabriella asked. "There's no way." Taylor denied. Wes smiled as he watched them interact. "Positions." He said. Gabriella and Taylor got into their forms. Taylor's eyes slightly wandered down to Gabriella's toned figure and quickly snapped back up to her eyes. Gabriella picked up on Taylor's wandering eyes and lightly smirked.

"Fight!" Wes shouted. Taylor threw a punch that Gabriella was quick to dodge. Gabriella threw a punch and managed to hit Taylor's side. "Fuck." Taylor muttered and slightly winced. Taylor threw a punch but Gabriella quickly caught her arm and dropped her to the ground. She pinned her arms back and smirked. "I thought you were the best in the league?" Gabriella teased.

"That's why you should get in the ring with me." Taylor replied. She didn't mind Gabriella being on top of her like this, she kind of enjoyed it. Gabriella stood up. "Is that what this is all about?" She questioned. Taylor propped herself up and got up. "What?" She asked. "Have you been letting me win these sparring matches so you can try and convince me to agree to this fight with you?" Gabriella questioned. Wes quietly stepped away before the situation got worse.

"What are you talking about?" Taylor asked. "Is that what all of this has been?" Gabriella asked. "No." Taylor denied. "So you haven't been purposely following me around?" Gabriella questioned. Taylor awkwardly looked away, "Well yeah. But only because I've been trying to talk to you, I think you're making a mistake skipping out on this fight."

Gabriella scoffed and shook her head in disbelief, "The kind gestures. That invitation to your match. I should've known." Gabriella muttered and walked to grab her gym bag and jacket. "Gabriella I swear that wasn't part of it at all!" Taylor said walking after her. "Leave me alone." Gabriella muttered and left the gym. Taylor frowned as she watched her leave. "Told you it wasn't a good idea." Wes said. "Fuck off." Taylor muttered and walked off.

---

Taylor was ready for her fight. She waited at the doors for her name to be announced. "UFC undefeated champion and legend...Taylor Swift!" The announcer called. She made her way out of the doors with her team. The crowd erupted with cheers. "I love you!" She heard someone shout but stayed focused. She made her way toward the ring and looked around the crowd.

Her eyes wandered up to her private suite and surprising enough, Gabriella showed. "Focus!" Wes shouted. Taylor snapped back into focus trying not let the smile that wanted to creep up on her lips show. Wes put her mouth guard in. She strapped her gloves on and got into the ring.

---

Mateo stood on a chair intently watching the fight. Cheering for Taylor every time she dodged a hit and managed to get one in. Gabriella stood by and just watched the gore of it all. She's faced plenty of tough competitors, but everyone wasn't lying. Taylor was truly a rough fighter.

Her opponent seemed so determined to fight through the pain. Taylor wasn't the type of competitor you could just back down on. You would become a mockery in the league for it. You had to fight at full capacity and die trying. At least you would leave with some form of dignity that way.

"She's so cool." Mateo smiled. Gabriella looked away from the fighting and over at him and softly smiled. "I wish I could see you fight like that mom." He said as he remained pressed against the glass intently watching. Gabriella stayed silent and continued to watch the fight. The opponent was growing weak. There was blood dripping down from the cut near her eye. Her legs looked like they were trembling and she looked tired. She didn't want to fight anymore but she knew if she stopped she'd forever be a coward to the rest of the world. She took a tired failed swing and was knocked with one sharp punch from Taylor.

She couldn't stand anymore and was called out of the fight. The crowd went crazy cheering for Taylor. The fight came to an end and Taylor was the obvious declared winner. Mateo cheered and clapped with the rest of the crowd. Taylor talked with the press and made her way back to the locker rooms.

"Mom can we go see her please?!" Mateo begged. "We agreed we were going back home after this." Gabriella said. "But I made her a drawing and I really want to give it to her." He frowned. Gabriella stared at the his innocent gaze. She hated when she gave him the puppy eyes she couldn't resist. "Fine." She sighed. "He smiled and grabbed her hand. "Let's go!" He shouted and pulled her away.