33

Gabriella frantically paced the room as a security guard entered with Mateo. Her face lit up as she ran over to him, "Where did you go? You had me worried sick." Gabriella slightly glared as she tightly hugged him in relief. "I went exploring, I'm sorry." Mateo lied. Gabriella sighed and stood up. "You can't just leave like that. Next time tell us and someone can go with you. Okay?"

Mateo nodded. Marcos walked up and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's time to go." He whispered. She nodded and sighed as she got ready and her team formed around her. She looked down at Mateo and held her hand out to him. He took her hand and softly smiled up at her.

Danny led them out and down the hall. The sound of the crowd cheering got louder as they drew closer. Marcos held Gabriella by her shoulders. "You get out there and remember everything I taught you. She's just another fighter, that's all she is." Marcos said as Gabriella anxiously clenched her fists and nodded.

Gabriella heard the announcers call Taylor in and the crowd was filled with a mix of cheers and boo's. She glanced toward the doors and felt her heart race faster. "Hey." Marcos said snapping her back into focus."Remember...Control, breathe, strike."

Gabriella nodded and got ready as the announcers called her in. The crowd erupted with cheers as the door opened and she walked out with her team behind her.

Taylor watched as Gabriella and her team made their way toward the other side of the cage. Taylor locked eyes with her for a moment and was met with a cold stare. Ian put his hand on her shoulder and leaned near her ear, "This is just going to be another easy fight. Remember this is your legacy on the line." He whispered, "Don't let me down." He said in a slightly threatening tone. Taylor shrug his hand off her shoulder and remained silent.

"I got it from here." Wes said waving Ian off and helping Taylor put her gloves on. Taylor stared down as Wes adjusted her gloves. "No final words of motivation from you?" Taylor asked. Wes looked up at her, "You don't need it. You know what you're doing." He replied. She glanced over to Gabriella, "I don't think I do."

Wes followed her gaze and looked back at Taylor, "Like I said...you know what you're doing." He replied. Taylor sighed and got into the cage with Gabriella. She saw Mateo sitting in the front row with Gabriella's team and came face to face with her. The referee stood in between and began to list the rules. Taylor stared into Gabriella's eyes. They didn't have the same warmth they once did when their eyes met.

Taylor thought this would be just another fight. Something she's done plenty of times before. But this time felt different. It didn't feel right. She began to space out and get lost in her thoughts until she was brought back by the referee snapping. "Understood?" He asked. Taylor glanced at Gabriella and over to him and nodded.

They got into position as the referee gave the go ahead. The crowd grew loud with cheers as the two stood guarded in front of one another waiting for each other to make a move. "Knock her out Gabriella!" A fan in the crowd shouted amongst the cheers. Gabriella glared and locked her eyes on to Taylor and swung. Taylor quickly dodged her punch and shifted around. She kept her distance and hesitated to punch. Every time the opportunity arose she couldn't bring herself to do it. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt her.

Gabriella's mind was only set on one thing. Winning. Her stare alone said she wanted Taylor dead. But every punch and kick Gabriella made, Taylor evaded. Gabriella lunged at her but Taylor quickly locked her arms and held her close. Gabriella attempted to pull out of her grip, "Let me go."

"Gabriella please just listen to me." Taylor replied. "What the hell is she doing?" Ian said to Wes as they watched. Wes stood arms crossed and observed, "I don't think she wants to hurt her." Ian glared and stepped up to the cage, "Taylor what the fuck are you doing hit her!"