30

The sound of a phone ringing woke Gabriella up from her sleep. She tiredly groaned into her pillow as her hand reached around her nightstand and grabbed her phone. She answered and held her phone to her ear, "Hello?" She mumbled. "Gabriella? It's Olivia." Olivia replied.

"Yes?" Gabriella asked. "I was just calling to let you know Taylor agreed to be a witness." Olivia said. Gabriella slightly sat up. "She did?" She questioned. "She's coming in for a meeting today and I just wanted to let you know and ask if you wanted to come in." Olivia replied. Gabriella thought about it for a moment. "Do I have to?" She asked. "No. I just wanted to give you the option." Olivia said. "No. I'm fine. Just do what you need to do." Gabriella sighed. "Understood. I'll fill you in later and see you for court this Friday." Olivia said. "Got it. Thank you." Gabriella replied.

--
Gabriella sat outside of the courtroom waiting for Olivia to arrive. She nervously fidgeted with the button on her blazer. Today was going to determine where things stood with Mateo. Damien could get full custody of him and she would lose Mateo forever. She heard footsteps approaching and quickly looked up hoping to see Olivia but saw Taylor approaching instead.

Gabriella slightly glared and looked away. Taylor cautiously approached. "Gabriella?" She softly spoke. Gabriella stayed silent and refused to look at her. Taylor frowned. "I understand if you're still upset and I'm the last person you want to see right now, but can you just talk to me this once? I'm just trying to help." Taylor said. Gabriella stood up and glared, "It's your fault I'm in this mess in the first place."

Taylor looked away ashamed. "I didn't want any of this to happen. I was just trying to help." She replied. "Yeah you helped alot." Gabriella sarcastically replied. Taylor slightly glared, "It's better than letting that dickwad hurt Mateo." She argued. Gabriella glared and stepped up to her face, "He set you up and you fell for his fucking trick. He wanted you to hurt him so he can take Mateo and paint you out to be some violent person."

Taylor stayed silent. "He's trying to blame Mateo getting hurt on you." Gabriella replied. Taylor's eyes slightly widened. "What?" She was shocked. Gabriella sighed and looked off. "I know you're here to help and for the sake of my son. I'll be civil." She took a deep breath and looked back up at Taylor, "But you need to stay away from us. I can't risk losing my son by having you around."

Taylor's eyes were filled with hurt, "B-But Gabriella you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt him." She replied. Gabriella couldn't look her in the eyes, "I know you wouldn't. But keeping you around won't help me get him back or keep him. I can't take that risk." Gabriella was about to walk away when Taylor grabbed her arm. Gabriella looked back at her. "Are you saying you've thought about getting back together?" Taylor questioned.

Gabriella stared at her in silence and looked off down the hall and saw Olivia approaching. She looked back at Taylor and pulled her arm away. "I never said that." She coldly replied and went inside the courtroom. Olivia approached and put a gentle hand on Taylor's shoulder. "Thanks for doing this." She whispered and entered the courtroom. Taylor sighed and looked off. Damien approached from around the corner with a smirk on his face. "Aww she doesn't love you anymore? How tragic." He chuckled. Taylor clenched her fist and watched him enter the courtroom. She took a deep breath and slowly unclenched her fist before making her way inside and taking a seat.

The mediator from the sessions was sitting in the room with her folder of documents. Gabriella grew nervous upon seeing her and felt Olivia squeeze her hand. "Don't worry, we're going to get him back."She whispered. The judge entered a moment later and looked around the room. "Shall we get started?" He asked. The judge fixed his glasses and looked at the documents in front of him. "I see Ms. Marquez's team has a witness today?" The judge asked. Olivia stood up and nodded, "yes your honor. I'd like to call Taylor to the stand." She said. Damien rolled his eyes and leaned over to whisper with his lawyer.