9

Taylor and Gabriella were sprawled out on Gabriella's bed. Taylor sleeping in the opposite direction of the bed, and Gabriella was buried in her pillows. Nothing went beyond kissing last night. They were so exhausted and drunk that by the time they got to the bedroom, they just passed out.

Taylor was woken up by the sound of the doorbell and knocking. She slowly sat up and saw Gabriella passed out and soundly sleeping. Taylor softly smiled to herself and carefully got up from the bed. She carefully made her way downstairs opened the front door and saw a man in a casual business attire. He seemed taken aback and surprised to see her answer the door. "Where's Gabby?" He asked with a slight attitude. "Who's asking?" Taylor questioned with an equal attitude. He rolled his eyes, "I'm here for my kid. Now can you go get her?"

Taylor slightly glared once she realized who he was. "I don't think he wants to see you." Taylor crossed her arms and shrugged. Damien was growing aggravated, "Who the hell are you?" He questioned. Gabriella quickly made her way downstairs, gently grabbed Taylor's arm, and moved her behind. "What are you doing here?" Gabriella asked. "It's my turn with him." Damien said. "Your turn to abandon him on a doorstep again?" Taylor glared. Gabriella calmly extended her arm back and touched Taylor's hand in reassurance.

Damien noticed and looked at Gabriella, "Who the hell is she?" He asked. "She's a friend." Gabriella replied. "Then why the hell is she in our business?" He glared. "Look, I'll just go get Mateo." Gabriella sighed and walked off. Taylor and Damien stood in silence. Taylor glared at him until Gabriella came back with a tired Mateo in her arms. "I don't want to go, mommy." He tiredly spoke and leaned against her shoulder. "It's okay baby, I'll see you again soon." She whispered. He looked over at Taylor and extended his arms out to her. Taylor softly smiled and scooped him into her arms. He tightly wrapped his arms around her and clung to her. "I'll see you again, kiddo." She whispered. Gabriella took him out of Taylor's arms and handed him over to Damien.

Damien held him in his arms and walked off. Mateo looked back at Taylor and tiredly waved goodbye. She faintly smiled and waved. She couldn't help but feel an emptiness inside. He was growing on her and she was starting to understand what Gabriella felt when she worried about him. Gabriella shut the door and made her way to the kitchen. Taylor followed and watched as she grabbed two bottles of juice from the fridge and set one on the counter. "How long is he going to be gone?" Taylor asked. "He's normally supposed to take him for a week. But knowing Damien he might just drop him off after 4 days." Gabriella replied.

"Does Mateo even like going with him?" Taylor asked. Gabriella shook her head. "No, but it was our arrangement." Gabriella replied. "Does he just bounce around time with you both?" Taylor asked. "Most of the time he's with me. Especially when school starts." Gabriella replied. Taylor nodded as they stayed silent and drank their juice. "So we're friends?" Taylor said teasing about Gabriella's comment earler. Gabriella playfully rolled her eyes. "It's a fair question. What are we?" Taylor asked. "I don't know. I don't have time for dating." Gabriella replied and leaned against the counter.

Taylor put her arms on either side of her and cornered her back against the counter. "Then why did you kiss me back?" Taylor softly spoke and looked from Gabriella's lips to her eyes. Gabriella bit the inside of her cheek and tried not to let a smile creep up on her lips. Taylor softly smiled, "One date." Taylor said. "Why are you so damn persistent?" Gabriella asked. "Stop acting like you don't love it." Taylor softly laughed. Gabriella blushed and shook her head in disbelief.

"What's your game Swift?" Gabriella asked. "No game. I just think I'd like to see more of you at my matches." Taylor smiled. "So now you want me to be your personal cheerleader?" Gabriella questioned. "No, I just want to recieve a congratulatory kiss and go home with you after. I kind of like it." Taylor replied. "So you want to end your nights toasting with juice boxes instead of going out to clubs with your team?" Gabriella asked. Taylor smiled, " I wouldn't have it any other way." She replied.

Gabriella shook her head and softly laughed. "So what do you say? One date?" Taylor asked. Gabriella stared up into her blue eyes and softly smiled. "Okay." Gabriella nodded. "Then I'll pick you up at 8?" Taylor asked. Gabriella nodded. "Great." Taylor smiled and pecked her lips. It still took Gabriella by surprise. They were well past that but she coudn't help but blush at the feeling. Taylor grabbed her keys and made her way toward the front door. "8, be ready." Taylor called out and left the house. Gabriella rolled her eyes and smiled to herself.