Reborn

"It's a new year Giyu, aren't you excited?"

"For high school? No, pleaseee, let me stay home Urokodaki-sama! I'll help out!" Giyu begged.

"No, you have to go to get a good education!"

"But.."

"No buts. I'm sorry, but the school division said it would be better if you went." Urokodaki explained. Giyu sadly hobbled over to the front of the school where all the teens were gathered. He stood there not knowing where to go. But he heard someone call his name. Trying to figure out where it was coming from, a young woman with pink and green hair was waving her hand in the air.

"Tomioka-kun! Over here!" She called to him. Giyu saw her and walked up to her. He saw two people who he didn't recognize standing with her aswell.

"Ah, hey Kanroji–" Giyu paused. "Who are are these two?"

"Oh sorry! This is Iguro and his best friend Shinazugawa!"

"Erm, you sure he's a good guy Kanroji?" Obanai questioned. "He looks like he sells drugs in an ally."

"Hey! Be nice, he's one of my best friends." She scolded. "We've been friends since kindergarten!" While Mitsuri and Obanai had a lover's quarrel, Sanemi decided to try and talk to the nervous Giyu.

"Erm, hey." Sanemi awkwardly said. Giyu looked up in surprise, no one he didn't know has ever really talked to him before.

"U-uh hi." He said, his face went red in embarrassment. 'I said something back!' He thought to himself.

"High school.. its kind of surprising. It's feels like last year was elementary."

"Heh, yea." Giyu answered.

Suddenly an unexpected screech came out of nowhere, "KYAAA~ You're actually talking to someone who you barely know!" Mitsuri blurted out. She grabbed onto Giyu's hands and hugged him. Obanai was death staring Giyu, he didn't like him getting close to her.

"Not infront of people! It makes me sound pathetic.." Giyu looked down at the floor.

"Dont say—"

"Ara, ara~! Look who it is." A short young woman stood next to Giyu. Her hair done up with a butterfly clip. The tips of her hair were coloured purple.

"Kocho!" Mitsuri squealed happily. She went for a hug from Shinobu, almost knocking over Giyu in the process. "How have you been! I haven't seen you in years."

"I've been good." Shinobu answered. "Oh~! I'm sowwy Tomioka-san! I didn't see you there. You're so quiet."

"Oh fuuuuck, not you!" Sanemi whined. "I was hoping you wouldn't be here."

Shinobu tried to keep her facade while anger surged through her body. The fake smile was fading. "Well, I didn't want to see your ugly face either~!" She shot back.

"Kocho! That wasn't nice!" Mitsuri scolded. "And you too Shinazugawa, its the first day and you two are already fighting!"

Sanemi scoffed and walked away. "Hey! Apologize to her!" Obanai yelled. "Get your ass here!.." He started to run after him, you can just feel the anger radiating off of him.

Before Shinobu could say anything else, Giyu ran off. The bell rung and everyone started going inside.

---
"OK! Everyone please settle down! I know its nice talking to your friends and all. But, I need you guys to listen." Said Giyu's homeroom teacher. While she started explaining everything, Giyu looked around to see who was in his class. Luckily Shinobu wasn't in his homeroom. He saw Sanemi, Obanai, and Rengoku here. He started feeling happy, he hasn't seen Rengoku in a long time. They were best friends till Rengoku moved.

The teacher let everyone sit with who they want. She said she would take it away if it was a problem. Giyu decided to sit next to Rengoku. Everyone else already was sitting next to someone.

"HEY MY GOOD OLD FRIEND!" Rengoku almost yelled. His voice was always very loud.

"Hello, it has been very long time since we talked." Giyu softly answered.

"WANNA TALK AT LUNCH?" He asked.

---
After a few classes it was their lunch break. Giu and Rengoku met up with each other. "HEY MY DEAR FRIEND, MIND IF MY FRIEND JOIN US FOR LUNCH?" Rengoku asked.

"Uh, sure." Giyu answered.

"GREAT BECAUSE HE'S ALREADY COMING THIS WAY!"

'Eh?! Who–' Giyu's thoughts were caught short when a very tall guy stood next to Rengoku. He never felt so short in his life when he saw him. "Uh, ah-!"

"Kyojuro!"

"TENGEN!" The two hugged and laughed. "SEE YOU'RE AS TALL AS ALWAYS!"

"Heh, and your hair is as flashy as always!" Uzui looked down. "And you must be Tomioka! Kyojuro told me so much about you." He reached out to shake his hand. Giyu hesitated, but he didn't want to make a bad first impression.

"Hello, Kyojuro talked about you too."

--
The three talked for the rest of the break. The day ended and everyone went their separate ways. Giyu couldn't shake the feeling that Shinobu was going to be a real, problem this year..