Chapter 4: The Shadow Monarch's Past

Fairy Tail Guild Hall, Makarov's Office

On his first day of being in this new world, The Shadow Monarch has now found himself in the top Guild in the Kingdom of Fiore. He was now face to face with the Guild Master of the Fairy Tail, Makarov Dreyar.

After making his decision, Kagari has decided to tell the Guild Master of his true backgrounds.

Kagari: Master Makarov, I'm not exactly from this world...

Hearing this as the first sentence to come out of his mouth, Makarov was surprised to hear that as he stroked his mustache in curiosity.

Makarov: Hmm, would you care to elaborate on that statement of yours, young man?

Kagari: Yes, of course.

Kagari's Thoughts: (There's no going back now that I said that. Now, I gotta tell him about my world...)

Kagari: Well, the world I'm from is very similar to this one in a few ways, such as have magic and guild halls. But, the way it was run is entirely different from here.

After hearing this, Makarov's interest was peaked.

Makarov: Tell me, how were guild's run in your world?

Kagari: The people who were in these guilds were not called wizards, they were known as Hunters and instead of going on quests. We would join parties and enter the world's dungeons via a Dungeon Gate where you where to hunt and kill monsters for profit.

Makarov: I see. Now that, you also said that magic also existed in your world as well?

Kagari: Yes, but it was known as Skills instead of Magic and the system is very different from this one. In my world, your status as a Hunter was determined by your power and skills. However, the catch was that once your status is chosen, that's what you are meant to be  for the rest of your life.

This had taken Makarov by surprise, he always believed that magic could be grown and nourished into something stronger, to hear that his belief was considered foolhardy in Kagari's world was a shock to his mind.

Makarov: Hearing this, it is very hard to believe that such a system revolving around magic can be so cruel and heartless to its people.

Kagari: I understand. Back home, S-Rank Hunters were considered elites among humanity and hailed as such. A-Rank and B-Rank were given better standings than others. C-Rank and D-Rank were treated as normal citizens.

However... E-Rank Hunters were the weakest in the World of Hunters, they are never picked for anything. If so, they were only used as cannon fodder for the higher ranked Hunters. There was almost no reason for us to become Hunters in the first place...

Makarov: "Us"? Tell me, my boy. When you were still in your world, who were you? Where were you rank in this magic Hunter system?

Kagari: Well in the beginning, I started off as an E-Rank Hunter. The lowest of the low. I was born with little to no magical power. I was famous... no infamous as "Humanity's Weakest Hunter"