Chapter 31: No Sacrifice, No Victory

After having a dream of when she had her right eye repaired by Porlyusica, Erza looked around to see she that she was sinking into the ocean.

Erza's Thoughts: Where am I? Is this the lacrima? No... it feels different...

Just then, a white flash consumed her vision. When she reopened her eyes , she was floating in the air, wearing a white dress.

She was back in Magnolia, the graveyard of the city, as rain fell from the sky. Below her were all of her guildmates from Fairy Tail, wearing black outfits and sadly stood in front of a statue with.

 Below her were all of her guildmates from Fairy Tail, wearing black outfits and sadly stood in front of a statue with

It was a statue of Erza herself riding on top of a horse and holding a javelin. There was a tombstone in front that read...

 There was a tombstone in front that read

Erza Scarlet
X765-X784

Erza suddenly realized that she was looking at her own funeral.

Erza: Is this me? It can't be.... I'm dead.

Makarov: Erza Scarlet touched many lives in this world, with a heart as huge and boundless as the sky above. Her noble sword shone vibrantly as she protected those she dearly loved. She moved with the grace of a fluttering fairy, and her exquisite beauty rivaled that of Mother Nature herself.

Makarov: It's a painful reminder that love can give you strength, but losing love can render you powerless. We'll miss her.

Erza: Master...

Makarov: Our Fairy Tail family will never be the same....

Seven members of the Magic Council stepped into view, wearing black robes. In the lead was the head of the council, Org.

Org: In the wake of this tragedy , we have been left with two empty seats on the Magic Council. We have unanimously voted to award one of those seats to her posthumously.