Chapter 11: Lifting The Curse

Erza: Isn't there something you're all forgetting about? You came to this island to help the villagers. The request was for you to return them to their original forms. You still haven't completed your S-Class Quest yet.

Lucy: But I don't understand. The curse should be lifted now cause Deliora's dead.

Kagari: No, Lucy. Deliora never had anything to do with the curse. It was the Moon Drip spell that was the result of what happened to those villagers. So, the demon's death wasn't going to change anything.

Lucy: What? Oh no.

Natsu: Well, then we'd better go and change them back.

Happy: Aye, sir!

Gray: Yeah, but we don't know how? Lyon, do you know?

Lyon: To be quite honest, I don't have a clue.

Natsu: You don't know?

Happy: What?

Lucy: But they told us the curse started about the same time when you guys got here.

Lyon: When we first arrived 3 years ago, we were aware that there was a village somewhere on this island. But we had absolutely no reason to communicate with the villagers so we left them alone.

Lyon: And they never came to the temple to see what we were up too.

Erza: In three years, you've never once met.

Lucy: I don't understand. The light from the Moon Drip is so bright, you can see it from practically anywhere on the island.

Lucy: It's kind of weird that they saw it every night and never went to investigate.

Kagari: Hmm, perhaps there was something that the villagers never told any of you when you got here.

Lyon: The villagers weren't transformed by the Moon Drip. It doesn't effect the human body.

Erza: What?

Natsu: Yeah right, you're just saying that so that you and your lackeys'll be off the hook.

Kagari: Wait, Natsu. Think about it. Lyon and his followers have been on this island for three years.

Kagari: If he was lying to us, wouldn't we have seen any of them with demonic appearances on any of them?

Lucy: Oh yeah, that's true.

Lyon: Your friend is right, I wouldn't trust them. Those villagers are hiding something. But, I'm sure you Guild Wizards can handle it.

Kagari: ..-_-..Still not in a guild...

Natsu: We're not done with you. You destroyed the village and--

Erza stopped Natsu by squishing his cheeks together.

Erza: That's quite enough, Natsu.

Erza began to retell everyone the explanation of why Toby and others agreed to help Lyon. All of Lyon's followers were victims of Deliora, having lost their homes, friends, and families to the demon. They joined Lyon in the belief that he could kill it.

It didn't justify their actions for attacking the village, but Kagari saw no need in pushing it any further now that they were defeated, the villagers were safe, and Deliora was dead.

Erza: They were simply doing only what believed to be right. So there's no need to criticize them for it. Now, let's go.

Natsu: But what are we gonna do to lift the curse?

Erza: I have no idea.

Lucy: Oh great...

Erza, Natsu, Kagari, Lucy, and Happy walked away towards the storage area, leaving Gray and Lyon behind.