Chapter 16: War of Guilds

Fairy Tail

After rescuing Lucy from the cluches of the Phantom Lord Guild, they were now back at Fairy Tail. Makarov was taken by Alzack and Bisca for treatment of his sickness. But with their injured members and defeated Master, the morale in the guild was at an all time low.

Inside of the Guild Hall, Macao, Wakaba, and others were coming up with a counter attack on Phantom while Natsu, Gray, and Elfman were by a wall watching over Lucy, who began to share her secret of being a member of the wealthy Heartfilia Family and how her only parent, her father who cared very little for her, hired Phantom Lord to bring her back to him.

As for Kagari, he was standing outside of the guild by a wall. He knew that Phantom Lord wouldn't give up that easily and he was waiting to hear from the Shadows he ordered to spy on them at their headquarters.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Damn it, I knew something bad was going to happen. It all seemed too easy. Now, Makarov is out commission and Phantom could be making their next move right now...)

As he thought of Makarov, a distant yet tragic memory came into his head. The time when another elderly man he once looked up too was in a similar posture as him. But even with all of his power, he couldn't be saved...

"Someday....you'll have to make a decision..."

"But when that day comes

"But when that day comes..."

"Please continue to stay on the side of humanity

"Please continue to stay on the side of humanity..."

Seeing Makarov in that state brought back another terrible memory from his past as he held a hand to his face in utter anger and shame.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Have I not learned anything from that day?! To me, they're exactly the same. So, why? Why didn't I do anything to help him? I'm a goddamn disgrace!)

Igris: My liege...

Kagari: Yes, Igris.

Igris: The soldiers that have been dispatched to Phantom Lord have given us a report.