Chapter 18: The Defeat of Phantom

"The Battle of The Shadow Monarch, Kagari Sanashi and The Fairy Queen, Titana Erza against The Wizard Saint, Jose Porla has begun."

To begin the battle, Kagari dashed ahead of Erza and jumped high in the air as Jose fired more blasts of ghouls at him. In response, Kagari slashed all of the ghouls to pieces with his daggers before unleashing a dark energy blast of his own which sent Jose back into a wall.

Kagari then began to sense Jose's magic signature as he suddenly disappeared when the dust had been settled.

Kagari's Thoughts: He'll appear...

Jose appeared behind Kagari, smiling as he had a powerful punch ready for him, but when he tried to strike him, Kagari blocked the attack with his arm.

Kagari: Behind me!

Jose was shocked, but then, Kagari responded by punching him in the stomach with a Darkness Strike as he was sent to the ground.

As he got up, Jose dodged a lethal strike from Erza, who then attacked him with multiple slashes, but Jose managed to dodge all of them. Then, he flicked his finger at Erza, as a magic projectile sent her crashing into a wall. Seeing this, Kagari responded by using telekinesis on his daggers once again, sending them towards Jose and they managed to stab him in the thigh of his leg.

Angered, Jose fired a tendril of ghouls at Kagari but he managed to blast the attack and him into a wall and used his enhanced speed and went back to Erza.

Kagari: How are you holding up, Erza?

Erza: I'll be fine. But we need to get past his magic ghouls.

Kagari's Thoughts: So far, I've been trying to get a good analysis on his power. All I've seen him do is throw blasts, punches, make tornados, or try and grab with his entanglement move.

Erza: Kagari, you're a Darkness Magic User, as well. Do you have any ideas?

Kagari: Yes. Arise.

Just then, Igris emerged from out of Kagari's Shadow, ready for battle.