39

There was just something about that girl. Something that gave Lilith chills whenever those pure blue eyes hold more than she ever saw herself in her of course, normally she would have no reason to fear, no reason to doubt her power, her control over her host. But with Daphne, things were different. The girl clung to her humanity more than anything else. Everything was taken from her and yet, there she was, still grasping at the remains of her feelings and sanity, holding onto even the smallest shards of them tighter than most humans Lilith had ever met held onto their very life. And despite what she kept telling herself, she was becoming fond of that girl. And Lilith suddenly felt the cold sting of fear stabbing deep inside the very core of her being. It wasn't selfish fear of her own life, nor was it concern over simply losing her power. Both of these things were ones that nobody could take from her. She slowly came to realise it was Daphne she had been worried for. So far, she has been always able to help her out of any situation. Her body was slowly being transformed just fine and now, thanks to that Harry Potter, the girl is keeping her away, pushing her to the dark.

They lived in a fragile balance. Sharing the same body, the same mind, the same soul. Same and yet different like two sides of the same card. For most of the time, Daphne was able to keep her in check just by taking the medicine but whenever she could, Lilith would slip out of the dark corner of mind she was being kept in. And she would look behind at everything the two of them had achieved together and laugh. Sometimes, Daphne would join her, bathing in joy over her recent victories or simply getting overcome by the ridiculousness of their situation. Of her own situation. Her journey, her quest for revenge... indeed, how pitiful and ridiculous it all was. And yet, she would never stop pursuing her goal. Never would she turn around and give up. Never would she forgive. Lilith had to admit the determination was admirable.

But it was far more than just that. It was this burning desire, this strong determination, that immediately made the rest of the universe wretched and poor, unworthy of attention, unworthy of anything more than a quick glance to just confirm how worthless it was. Daphne's suffering, her pain and her torture, they all shaped her soul. Like a diamond, she too had been strained and pushed and reduced to only the hardest fragments of what she used to be. And like a diamond, she came out shining brighter than anyone else. Bright enough to attract the attention of Lilith, the one who had been searching for one like her for a millenium. And even after she found her, Daphne's constant rejection and fight only served to further convince her she made the right choice when picking her. In Daphne's eyes, in Lilith's eyes, everyone around them was either a tool they could use or a useless, pathetic lump of meat and blood, only allowed to be around because they weren't in the way of their plans.

And yet, there was now someone Daphne grew close to.

Just the fact that she let it happen, that she let Daphne create a bond with someone, was driving her crazy, forcing her to fight more and more for complete control over Daphne's body and soul. Countless nights were spent in constant fighting with Daphne's resolve. Pain was a common companion for both of them. She even lashed out at the boy Daphne held so dear. Her revenge was nearing the end.

But that boy kept pulling the girl to the light, kept giving her happiness and love, he was destroying the bond between her and the girl.

He was destroying everything she built this far.

"Why did you choose Hermione?" Remus asked her, breaking their little time of peace. He glared at her. Green boring into blue. Though she would never admit it, she liked his eyes. Forest green, filled with passion, showing fiery emotions unlike any of her former companions. Wincing at the thought, she broke eye contact, Remus once was almost broken after Sirius's death, losing the last friend of his.