chapter 1 part 2

Chapter one part 2: re edited.

When she drank the wine this evening to forget the fear in her heart she didn't expect Harry Potter to scream loudly her name.

She would kill right now to have three bottles of alcohol in her system.

But the fates were cruel and towards her, it had great grudge. And she can't blame fate, she was not in its favour for a reason.

One hour ago she was sitting in the Greengrass balcony staring at the sky, she knew something was off tonight…

Daphne Greengrass kept feeling a pain in her chest the whole day and her stomach kept twisting in knots, she tried to pray perhaps this feeling would wear off soon.

Her prayers didn't help, so she headed to the other option that was available.

She was resting her back on one of the Roman pillars of her balcony overlooking the garden of the house,

Daphne was sitting on the ledge, one foot over one ledge and the other swinging on the outside in the air.

A glass of wine in her hand.

For a well-mannered girl, that behavior was not indicative of any sophistication, but there was no one to judge her tonight but the elves to report to their master.

She stared at the moon, the sky was very clear, and she could count the stars. A July night for sure.

This night was one of the quietest nights that she has been through inside the walls of this manor, yet this calm and serenity was not of the kind that bodes well. It was that calm before the storm that would destroy everything that comes in its face.

The Garden of Lady Greengrass down wasn't the best view she would ask for—or at least that was what she kept calling the woman that raised her and  her garden in secret and in the deepest thoughts of her mind.

The Greengrass  had gone on a little vacation overseas but she had declined the invitation to join in—she started to feel uncomfortable with the travels, especially if it wasn't with those she loved,ever since she was young.

'Every time I leave, something bad happens,' she started to believe.

While she kept staring, she didn't feel like someone was standing in her bed-chamber—or rather, she was pretending not to sense it, knowing very well why that person was there in the first place but keeping lying to herself that it was one of her mind's delusions...

"You can get out, Eva…" she ducked her head with a chuckle? Or a pity laughter, swallowing her fears in her throat.

Playing with her glass of wine.

"My lady," Eva bowed to Daphne as she came out to the light, now that Daphne was seeing her clearly she stood and walked back to her bedchamber, passing her.

"If it's not good news you better not to say it," she said coolly.

Eva seemed unable to look at her not able to let the words come out of her mouth and for a while Daphne wished that she didn't say that.

Daphne took a deep breath then spoke quietly this time. "Who won?"

Eva bit her inner cheek, Daphne threw that wine glass off the balcony and stood, her fingers tangled together, her hands were shaking but tried to stay still. "Where is he ? where is my brother?" Her voice crackled.

Eva's crimson eyes only got redder from the upcoming tears, her lips quivered and Daphne only shook her head softly.

"My lady…" Eva whispered and Daphne shook her head softly again.