chapter 16

Chapter 16

A woman with brown curly hair sat waiting for someone in an empty restaurant facing the stage, a thick black notebook lay on top of the table with a quill hovering just above it ready to take notes. 

She looked around at the restaurant , it was a French one with the decor and design of Versailles.

"I apologize for my delay, the muggle traffic is hard to escape." A second voice came from the back as someone entered. 

"I just arrived as well Miss Greengrass," the brown haired woman said with a patient smile. 

Daphne took off her white faux-fur coat and handed it to the valet alongside her purse and sat down facing the woman. 

"You look fine Madam Astrid Westwood!" Daphne greeted smiling. 

"Why are you here Daphne?" Astrid asked, crossing her leg under and taking the quill and notebook in her hands. 

"Don't worry, you can let it fly in the air, I booked the whole place just for us, I thought it would be better if I choose a muggle place, besides it's one of my favorites, it helps me talk freely, better than your little cabinet, no offence, " Daphne answered. 

"None taken, You haven't come to your summer sessions, why did you call me now?" Astrid asked. 

"Isn't it your job to help me when I need you? " Daphne answered.

"True, but I'm the one who should ask questions here, I'm the therapist, " Astrid eyed her and Daphne laughed. 

Astrid Westwood was a witch and one of the greatest mind healers in Britain, and Daphne's therapist for the last two years. 

"You haven't answer me yet Daphne,"

she remarked again. 

"I thought I should distance myself, away from everyone...you see… I lost a very important person, that I loved the most in this world this summer..." Daphne answered looking at her hands.

"I'm sorry for your loss ,and did isolation help with it?"

"Hmm, it did, for some time," she answered . 

"How was it, your feelings about grief?"

"Astrid, I'm experienced enough with grieving… yet… I couldn't shed a tear for him , not even once," she stated with pain in her voice.

"Why? You used to cry a lot," Astrid smiled. 

Daphne couldn't hide her chuckle, 

"Perhaps, because I still can't believe it happened in the first place." 

"Grief comes in different shapes, but not shedding tears!! It's not good for you."

"I had a distraction," Daphne blurted out. 

Astrid raised her brows signalling her to continue. 

"I'm keeping myself busy you know, praying, studying, doing pottery, things of the upper society," she smiled. 'And Harry's company too' she wanted to say too but couldn't. 

"That's good, but you need to eventually face the facts and the truth. This person you lost, you need to accept his death," she said, fixing her with a dark stare. 

"It's easy for you to say it, but I can't...I don't even know where he has been buried. I don't even know if they had a funeral for him," she said her eyes reddening from unshed tears.