41

Just imagine a day before I was going to post this, my little nephew deleted it :')

I had to rewrite it again, with work and all…

Oh and did you see Harry Potter Awakened! Cassandra gives me a full Daphne glamour XD

I had to say it guys, sorry

Enjoy and have a great summer!
___________________________________________

05th of June, 1996

"Happy birthday, Draco!"

The words sounded like a bitter insult to his ears, even if he knew, logically, that it was probably the most sincere thing he'd ever heard in a while.

Blaise and Theo were looking at him expectantly – and with a clear glint of worry in their eyes as they waited for him to respond while he stood frozen on the spot, struggling to breathe properly.

Blimey! He needed to keep it together! Don't show weakness you fool boy

"Whatever," was all that he managed to spit out, before pretending to be reading Daily Prophet, some gossip nonsense from the government that he had no interest in. He could only pray that his friends didn't realise he hadn't even his fingers digging into the thin paper like a madman. "As if I cared about my birthday anyway."

"What?" Theo laughed, but there was a clear strain to it as he frowned. "Since when you don't care about your birthday? You used to insist we celebrate it for the whole bloody week in the past, you prick!"

The words felt like a stinging hex to his ego. He really did used tp make a whole fucking fuss about his birthday, didn't he? Like a true spoiled prat that he was, believing himself to be worthy of exuberant celebrations just because of his name.

And look where that got him now! Perhaps this was simply divine retribution for all his stupid ideas.

He pressed his lips to a thin line, resisting the urge to shove his friend away from him when Theo dared to place a hand on his shoulder – probably thinking he was helping, but only making things much worse as he felt his skin crawl with the unwanted contact.

"I just don't care about it! Now leave me alone, Nott!"

"Draco, mate," it was Blaise's turn to speak up – this time, with a chin lifted up high and a straight back in a poor attempt to appear taller than him – as smart brown eyes pierced through his very soul, trying to uncover his deepest secrets. "Are you alright?"

Bloody fucking perceptive wanker that he was!

"Of course I'm fucking alright," he gave off a flippant shrug, jumping out of the green velvet sofa settled on their common room and pacing back and forth like a caged animal.

His friends looked startled by the motion, moving to hover their hands just above their wands while Draco eyed them in anger – giving the mermaids just outside the tall glass panes quite a view of the drama that was unfolding right underneath their lake. "I'm just being hounded with useless questions by two nosey idiots, is all!"

"Woah there, mate! What's with all this venom? What the hell happened?"

"Yeah – Did Pansy not give you the birthday present or something?"