chapter 15

Chapter 15 

Bill held his mother as they walked through the corridor of St.Mungo's hospital, his heart fearing the worst but as the eldest son he would have to be strong 

A healer led them through a labeled door of what was a 'morgue'. He turned to them asking who would enter to identify the body. 

Bill looked at his mother who turned to the healer.

"Both of us," she said, gathering some courage to keep herself still, yet Bill knew that his mother wasn't mentally prepared. He told her to wait but she insisted on entering. 

The mother and son bravely entered the sterile room. 

Molly couldn't help but let out a pitiful moan when she saw a body on the table instead of bed. It made his death look more real. They approached to see the face covered with a sheet. 

"Mum, " Bill's voice cracked, wanting her to change her mind. He didn't want to see the pain on his mother's face. 

Molly had barely heard anything Bill was saying since she entered the morgue.

She gathered her courage and let her shaky hands pull the sheet off the face praying for it to not be her husband, her Arthur. 

Molly let out a gasp of pain and disappointment as she saw the face and Bill closed his eyes. 

It was truly Arthur Weasley's body. 

Molly's lips quivered as she brushed her fingers on Arthur's cold cheek. 

"My Arthur…what did they do to you? They should have covered you, you're cold!" she whispered, taking his hand in hers and pulled it to her cheek. 

"Wake up, honey. This is not your place, " she said, trying to lift up his head and pulling it to her chest. 

Bill tried to stop her but she ignored him.

"You're so cold, I will warm you, don't worry," she said, tears flooding off her like a river. 

Bill tried to pull his mother away but she refused to let go of her husband. 

She took off her scarf and covered him with it crying. 

"Please, don't do this to me Arthur! " She yelled in a scolding way like she does to him every time. 

Bill didn't know what to do out of shock, this was his father, he looked peaceful yet his body wasn't. Whichever monster did this to him, it had no soul. 

"Bill...your father, he's cold cover him up, be a good boy and help your father!! Don't let him go!...please," she wept begging, her son. 

Bill hugged her as if his life depended on it. 

The agony in her voice ripped apart his soul. 

"Mum that's enough, let's go." He tried to pull her away but she refused to go as she cried over her husband's body. 

" Mum, please," he begged her with a tormented voice. 

After she cried out everything her energy left her. And when they were out of the room, once she took the first step to walk, her feet slipped and passed out. Thankfully Bill was holding her. 

Fleur, who had just arrived at the hospital and saw the scene, she went straight to hold Molly. The healers saw her and after checking on her, they gave her some calming draughts. Tonks and Andromeda soon came and took Molly to the burrow. 

Bill remained back to finish the hospital papers and Fleur stayed with him. 

"Mum won't be able to do anything, tell Andromeda not to leave her alone," he said as he finished the papers.