chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Grimmauld place

Harry had a restless night—another nightmare or dream, now he couldn't even see the difference between the two. In those dreams, his parents appeared and then faded into nothingness, never speaking, and Mrs Weasley wept over Kreacher’s corpse, flanked by Ron and Hermione, who were wearing crowns, and yet again Harry found himself walking down a corridor ending in a locked door. He was snapped out of his slumber abruptly with his scar prickling to discover Ron already dressed and talking to him.

"...better hurry up, Mum's going ballistic, she says we're going to miss the train..."

There was a lot of commotion in the house; everyone was hurrying here and there. After a few moments, the teenagers were all prepared and had packed all their trunks.

Mad-eye informed Harry that he would be accompanied by a guard to King's Cross, in case Voldemort’s followers attacked or something... 

King's Cross 

Twenty minutes after departing from Grimmauld, they arrived at the train station. Before they passed the barriers of platform nine and three quarters, Padfoot jumped off, running to one of the empty salons of the station, and transformed back into Sirius. Harry followed him in to get surprised by a warm hug from his godfather. Before he let go of him, he heard a chuckling voice and when he jumped, he saw Eva standing in a corner, looking at them with a smile on her face. 

"This is a soft spot of yours, Pads." 

"Eva!! What are you doing here?” Harry said, excited, looking between his godfather and Eva. 

"Why don't we all take a seat?" Sirius suggested. 

He sat between the two. He looked to Eva, whom he hadn’t seen since that night but they had been staying in contact by that phone. 

"You look fitter than the last time I saw you, that's good," she said, rubbing his hair. 

He laughed at that statement. 

She turned around to grab something and gave it to him— it was a small old box with a crest on it.

"I want you to give Daphne this when you see her. I'm worried about her but this should be with her. Harry, take care of her, please," she said with sadness but a little hope in her voice. 

He nodded to his friend and hugged her. 

"If you got any problems, pup, you know how to reach me," Sirius said to him as they stood up, leaving Eva inside.

Harry hid the box in his trunk and walked with Pads in his dog’s form by his side to the platform, where Hogwarts express was waiting for him to embark on a new year, new adventure. 

Tonks, Remus, and Mad-eye said there goodbyes to everyone. 

"Well, look after yourselves," said Lupin, shaking hands all around. He reached Harry last and gave him a clap on the shoulder. "You too, Harry. Be careful."

"Yeah, keep your head down and your eyes peeled," said Moody, shaking Harry’s hand too. "And don’t forget, all of you be careful what you write in your letters. If in doubt, don't write about it at all."

"It’s been great meeting all of you, especially you two," said Tonks, hugging Hermione and Ginny. "We’ll see you soon, I expect."

A warning whistle sounded and the students that were still on the platform started hurrying onto the train. 

Harry tried to look for someone amidst the crowd. "Quick, quick,” said Mrs Weasley distractedly, hugging them at random and catching Harry twice. “Write...Be good... If you’ve forgotten anything, we’ll owl it... Now go, now, hurry..."