• Here comes the Devil •

| Agastya |

TEN DAYS AGO :

"We are not merging with that pathetic channel. AM I NOT CLEAR TO YOU DAD?" I yelled and thrashed away the documents. They were about our contract with The Gossip Bee. My Highlights, despite not making profits, still stands taller than that shit of a firm. I hate how they work, for them its always and only about gossip. Entertainment is their only source of income, there is no dedication in them to show the truth. Our firm not only talks about entertainment, but also about information, politics, and most importantly facts unlike them who generate money by selling rumors. I can't believe Dad decided to sell our firm to them. I know it is my grave mistake to not take care of it from last one year and it is me who is the reason behind our loss but this merger wasn't the solution.

I prefer dying than giving up.

"So you are finally sober. I thought even this news won't affect you, just the way everything else except Natasha and your dear alcohol has stopped bothering you. Actually, I am surprised at myself that I have finally managed to get a reaction out of you and to know that you care. Should I pat my back?" Dad muttered sarcastically and I can't blame him for that, because I know how I have failed him, both as a son and a CEO. I have forced him to the point where he is ready to sell his company, something which he started on his own. I failed him gravely.

"You know Dad how much I love my work -" I said. I know my words didn't make a difference but I had to tell him that I do care. I sipped on my whiskey and Dad looked at the hip flask in my hand with resent. Fuck.

"Look at yourself. Do you think I will let you handle my possession, my firm when since last year you only have proved yourself nothing but wasted? Once I was so proud of you Agastya and now I feel ashamed to call you my son. You don't deserve Highlights anymore, in fact it is only and only you because of whom Highlights is not Highlights anymore. It's you and only you who have caused your own father, this enormous financial and professional damage. Go Agastya! Drown yourself in alcohol and forget that anything is happening, like you always do." He said, expressing his loath not for me but my drunken self. I had resorted to drinking after Natasha left me. Can I help it? 

No. It is the only way I forget her and her memories for a while after passing out. The dizziness and the euphoria I live with, has become a part of my reality and I am accustomed to it. I love how it feels to be safe, content and alone. There's no one to feel bad for, nothing to feel regret about. It's just me, lying in a corner, breathing. But now I have to return to my firm because I can't see all this. There has to be a balance in my life, I can't really live like this, spending my savings and not giving time to my Dad and work.
Agastya you need to make a comeback, and that too, a bigger one!

"But you can't do this Dad. We could have restarted -" I crumbled the remaining documents in my fist. The thought of this merger only, kills my mood, I don't know how I'll endure this new system. We could have searched for some other solution. This was really a hasty and impulsive decision -

"I don't have funds- " Dad looked at me with disappointment. My fist at the papers loosened, at his words. "- because of you Agastya. It's high time that you accept the situation and come out of your little bubble where there is no place for any of us but only alcohol. Be grateful to Mr. Patnaik to let you be the Managing Editor in the firm" He added, looking at the rain, through the window. I fucked up real bad and worse than that, I realised it too late. Damage has been done.  Dad was in debts and I didn't reach out to him. Maybe a good conversation with him could have prevented this merger but I chose to sit back until it really happened. Dad wasn't really left with many options.

"Who is the Chief?" I said while pondering because I knew it was meaningless to argue now. Maybe he was right. I lost the power because of myself only. I am the one who is responsible for it, just the way I lost Natasha.