Chapter Eight: The Equator of Souls

Holding hands with Myranda, Sophia looked at Jude and Connor kissing on the bench near the anchor and pulled Myranda over to them. They sat next to Jonnor and began kissing themselves. Taylor was standing with Corey and looked over at the two couples, abeam like two ships at sea, the Jonnor and the Myfia, sailing happily into once forbidden seas. "What do you think about, when you see them?" Taylor asked Corey.

He thought about it for a long moment. "I'm happy they're together I guess. I don't think it'll ever be like that for me."

She put a hand supportively on his shoulder. "Are you sure? How would you know?"

Corey sighed. "They have it all figured out? I sure don't."

"Well, you should have been around when they didn't have it figured out, because for a long time they didn't. We were all pretty confused I think. Even when I figured out that Jude liked Connor he didn't want to admit it, even though it was so obvious."

Corey looked at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "It took a long time for them to figure it out, Corey, they were friends for almost two years before they became boyfriends. So don't despair if you don't think you haven't gotten it all figured out yet...it does take time. And I know it's not fun waiting for it to happen."

He looked down. "Sure isn't. I just wish it was more simple and I liked girls and could just be a normal kid."

"Well, normal is overrated and who's normal anyway? I'm certainly not. I wouldn't want to be either, it would be super boring if I was doing the things a lot of girls my age are doing all the time. I'd rather be planning exciting stuff with Jude."

"I'm really nervous about this whole thing, not gonna lie. Are you sure this will work?"

Taylor nodded. "It'll be fine, Jude and I are used to doing stuff like this now. You should have seen how elaborate the mission to rescue Connor was, this will be a piece of cake."

He nodded. "Okay. I do want to catch this guy so he'll quit bugging me."

"We will catch him, for sure," Taylor said. "We're gonna nail him!"

Corey didn't look so excited. "I'm Christian so that's not the best imagery for me."

"Oh sorry," she said. "Wasn't the intent at all."

"It's okay," he said. He nodded towards Jonnor and Myfia. "They do all seem really happy together that must be nice."

"Yeah, just don't forget it took time for them all to get there. You'll get there too."

"I hope so," Corey said. "What's the deal with him?" he asked, nodding at Kyle, who was talking to Nicole.

"I don't know him that well," Taylor said. "Only hung out with him a few times. Jude met him and Myranda during the summer."

Corey nodded. "I'm gonna talk to Mr. Selfridge if you don't mind."

"Sure, but call him Jefferson. He hates that 'Mr.' business it makes him feel old."

Corey nodded and wandered over to Selfridge. "Hi Jefferson, I'm Corey Brooks."

Selfridge shook his hand. "Nice to meet you Corey, I believe you're also one of the new members of this 'squad' of Jonnor."

"Yeah, I am," Corey said. "I'm in North Park Apostolic, I believe you've been to our church before?"

"Oh yeah, I have several times actually, the pastor is a good friend of mine. I'll have to look you up the next time I'm there."