The Dinosaur Man

A/N: I just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback for this story already. I'm trying to work things along to develop the story, so there will be some filler parts but I won't go overboard. This chapter, you'll get a glimpse of Alan Grant being an actual parent. Enjoy.

"Quit it." Keira called to Dino who was whining at the door and pawing at it. He let out another whine. "It's raining outside!" she told him. "I know all you want to do is roll around in the mud."

He wagged his tail looking back and forth between her and the door.

Her skype notification went off. She accepted the call and saw her father.

"Hi Dad." she said.

"Well hello there Miss Busy. Got some time for you ol' man?"

"Of course. Where's Mom?"

"She's off shopping with some friends."

"Aww so you're all alone. Poor Dad."

"Yeah yeah...how's work going?"

"It's going." she shrugged. He watched her avert her gaze as she answered.

"What's with that face?" he asked.

"What face?"

"You're not looking at me...you're avoiding eye contact."

"No I'm not."

"My sight isn't failing me Keira. What's going on there?"

She sighed. "Nothing Dad...I just have been spending time at the Raptor Paddock recently."

"What?!"

"And this is why I said nothing in the beginning. I knew you were going to overreact."

"I'm not overreacting. I'm cool, see?" he sat back in his chair with his hands folded.

"You're horrible at acting." she chuckled. 

"Why are you in a raptor enclosure?" he asked leaning forward.

"My friend Owen-"

"Owen...Owen is a guy?."

"Yes, he has the male parts classifying him as a male." she said smartly. Alan rubbed his face. "He's the raptor trainer."

"Trainer? What is he teaching them to do exactly?"

"He's training them in classical dance." she said.

"Keira-"

"Dad, it's just one of the programs. He's imprinted on them since they were young and they are trying to see what they can get them to do."

"So people are going to come and watch raptors balancing balls on their noses?"

"I don't think they'll be doing that anytime soon."

"And what's your involvement?"

"Me? I don't do anything with the raptors, I stick to my salad eating friends."

"I meant with the boy." he said crossing his arms.

"Wel I-" 

Dino let out a wailing howl. "Hold that thought Dad." she said jumping up. "Honestly Dino, I swear if you roll in the mud I will personally bring you to the T-rex paddock myself." she said opening the door and following him out whipping her hood over her head.

"You guys going out for an afternoon waltz in the rain?" she heard Owen. She looked over and saw him close up his company car before trotting over.