The Alpha's Blessing

Keira sat in astonishment at the proposal as Owen looked at her with his normally charming smile awaiting her answer. The interns, Claire, Lowery and Michelle looked on with happy smiles. She looked down at the ring, how it resembled the amber stone that started this entire place containing the mosquito that carried dinosaur blood. But this fossil tree resin had no mosquito as it was beautiful cut to fit the ring.

She smiled. "I-"

The door to the control opened interrupting the proposal scene only to see the Secretary of Defense, Ashton B. Carter himself standing before them.

Keira and Owen stood up as he walked over with men guarding him.

"Keira Grant?" he said looking at Keira. She nodded. "Pleasure to meet you Miss Grant." he shook her hand. He looked over at Owen.

"You must be Mr. Grady." he said stretching out his hand.

"Yes Sir." he took his hand with a firm shake.

Mr. Carter's eyes fell to the table where the ring was sitting.

"Did I interrupt something?"

Owen turned to Keira awaiting her answer. She looked to see what they were talking about and facepalmed when she realized she had forgot.

"What do you say Keira?" Owen asked her picking up the box.

She looked at everyone around and then back to Owen with a grin.

"Yes."

"Congrats on your engagement." Mr. Carter said to Keira as she looked over the ring on her finger with a dreamy look.

"Thank you sir." she said looking up and straightening herself. "Sorry to ask but..did my parents send you here?"

He chuckled. "That they did. They are quite convincing on their own but when they mentioned InGen I knew there was trouble."

"No kidding." she said.

"Do you have Reggie Dane detained?" he asked looking around.

"Uh..I'm afraid the raptors did away with him."

Mr. Carter grimaced.

"But they were in their right Sir," she said quickly. "He was threatening to kill us and killed Dr. Henry Wu. It was self-defense."

He smiled kindly at the young woman. "No need to be on the defense, my dear. Your dinosaurs are safe." he said.

She sighed in relief. "Thank goodness."

"I tell you, I've been on the fence about this whole dinosaur experimentation, since the first incident that involved your parents and the San Diego incident, but for two young people to handle a park without incident-"

"Sanctuary." she corrected him.

"What?"

"Uh, we call it a sanctuary. Not a park." she said. "It's kinda taboo around here."

"Ah right, of course." he said. "Well, like I said Miss Grant, with the absence of InGen I think this place can flourished as long as it remains on the island."

"That's the plan." she answered him. He smiled before one of his workers whispered something in to his ear. "Ah excuse me for a minute Miss Grant." he said.

"Oh go ahead." she said.

"I had something to tell you, ah that's right, your parents want you to call."

"Yeah, I know." she smiled sheepishly.

Owen came into the Bungalow to see his fiancee' pacing back and forth before her laptop as Dino sat there watching her with his tail wagging against the floor. She was biting her nails before she noticed his arrival.