Challenge Accepted

"Agh, dammit!" Owen said pulling his hand away and wrapping a rag around it. It quickly became stained with blood. The little raptor before him chirped before trotting off.

"Little jerk." he muttered before shaking his hand of the pain.

Today, he was introducing the new young raptors to the paddock and with no sign of Blue, he was left to raise the two himself.

The two were very different. One was greenish colour with an orange tint running along it's back. She was the more docile one, normally just observing him. But the other one, was an absolute pain in the ass. She was similar colour to her sibling but smaller. However,she was much more confident in herself and loved the challenge of the day of pissing Owen off whenever she could. Like that afternoon, as she bit his hand and took off to hide.

He was attempting to be patient though, it was a whole new world for them outside of the nursery environment. He walked up the walkway closing the gate behind him.

Sometimes, he envied how docile the dinosaurs that Keira worked with. Half of them could be lap dogs in some cases but there was something that he didn't see in those dinosaurs and that was a fire. It was something that he saw in Blue, her intelligence to challenge things. Of course, he wasn't complaining all that much, he didn't want Keira working with carnivores, he worried about her enough as it was being around dinosaurs that towered over some buildings.

"Boo!" he jumped startled to see Keira behind him.

"How did-" he glanced around. "How did you sneak in here?"

"One of my many talents. Allow me to have my surprises, Mr. Grady." she said with a teasing grin. "How's it going today?"

He lifted up his injured hand. "Great."

"Let me see." she said taking his hand in hers. His skin tingled under her touch, her hands were so soft and warm. "Well, it's not too deep but you might want to head to the infirmary just incase."

"Nah, I'll be okay."

"Stubborn." she shook her head.

"No these girls are stubborn."

"But you love them already. I can see it in your eyes and hear it in your voice."

"I can't help it, you know the raptors were the first dinosaur I saw when I came to the island."

"Really?" she asked. "Despite all the attractions."

He nodded." Barry picked me up from the helicopter and we went straight to the hatchery. Echo, Delta, Charlie and Blue all hatched that same day. To go my entire life only seeing bones of dinosaurs and reading about them to witness them hatch, there's no feeling like it."

She smiled.

"What was the first dinosaur you saw when you got here?" he asked as they sat down looking over the enclosure.

"It was a juvenile Edmontosaurus." she said thinking back. " She was beautiful, her face had the prettiest of colours, this bright tealish pattern. She was remarkable. I see her every now and then. But my first hatched dinosaur was as you probably figured the Apatosaurus. I nearly fainted the first time watching them come out."

"I bet you did." he chuckled.

"From that moment on, I was hooked I knew I never wanted to leave this place."

They heard rustling below them and saw the two girls moving around.

"Any names yet?"

He shook his head. "Not yet. I guess it's not coming to me as easily as it did with the others."