Getting off on the right foot

"Eve, huh?"

"Well, I'm not religious but it seemed fitting. It's a fresh start. She'll be the first of her herd once the others have been hatched. She'll be the leader."

The two were laying in a hammock outside the Owen's bungalow looking up at the stars.

"Have you seen Blue yet?" she asked him.

"No, I was watching her tracker though on the map earlier today. She's just going everywhere possible in the carnivore territory out behind the paddock. She's probably in amazement at her new surroundings, instead of being in the paddock."

"Are you going to try to work with her still?"

"I dunno." he said. "She's lost her pack. Maybe I should give her some grieving time. Besides, maybe I want to learn about Herbivores."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Why the sudden interest in the plant eaters?"

"Maybe it's not the plant eaters I'm interested in." he said playfully rolling over partially on top of her bringing her into a kiss.

"I swear you plan these moments." she giggled before returning the kiss.

"Alright, here's your new crew!" Claire said. Keira and Owen looked over the group most of them seemed to be fresh out of high school. Keira could only imagine that's what she looked like when she first came to the island.

Owen turned around.

"I miss Barry." he said under his breath.

"Give them a chance. It's a new day. A new beginning." she told him.

He sighed. "Fine, but you owe me."

"What?" she chuckled.

"Just keep that in mind." he said before walking off with his clipboard.

"Why do I owe you?" she called to him.

She turned to the new crew.

"Uh..welcome.." she said awkwardly. One of the younger boys raised his hand into the air.

"Yes?"

"Are you really Alan Grant's daughter?" he asked.

"Yes." she answered.

"Nice." he fist bumped the guy next to him.

Keira looked at Claire who shrugged. "They were willing!"

"Okay, everyone just stand back and remain quiet." Keira said as the new workers stood around for the release.

Eve was entering the plains that morning. She had grown big enough in the short few weeks to reach the smaller trees on her own and Keira thought it would be fitting to release her.

"We want Eve to be as comfortable as possible." she said before grabbing her radio.

"Alright, bring her in."

The gates opened and the ground shook slightly as the toddler of a dinosaur made it's way through.

Dino was leading the way.

For some unknown reason, the dog and dinosaur had become best friends. Whenever Keira went to the hatchery, Dino had joined her and eventually he warmed up to Eve who was always so thrilled to see him.

Dino paused and barked at Eve who let out wailing sound and stepping into the plains territory.

Keira smiled as Dino trotted in and Eve followed him.

"Seriously, if we put this up on Youtube, guaranteed a thousand hits within the first hour." Owen said stepping in beside her.

Keira only chuckled as he wrapped his arma round her shoulder. Dino stood on his hind legs hopping around before Eve followed suit and grabbed at some leaves of the nearest tree.

Keira clapped her hands together." It's a success!"

The group cheered as Dino ran around barking.

"You think the long distance will work between them?" Owen asked.

Owen walked into the Raptor paddock that was under construction currently to be greeted by silence. He walked over and trailed his fingers against the restraints that were empty, passing Delta,Echo and Charlie's gates. He frowned missing their calls and even their bickering between one another. He reached into his vest jacket and pulled out the clicker. Clicking it a few times.It was like he could almost hear their calls.

Almost too well.

He jumped at the familiar screech behind him. He turned suddenly and saw the familiar gaze.

"Blue!"

Blue took a step back at his sudden excitement.

"Oh right..." he took a deep breath to compose himself not wanting to alarm her. He held his hand out slowly. Blue tilted her head with a chirping noise taking a cautious step.

"Atta girl." he said. "It's me..you know me. You're my girl...well one of my girls...you're my Blue girl." he said. He took a step forward but Blue jumped back with a snap.

He stopped. She had been free to roam in the wild of the carnivore territory, he wouldn't be surprise if she had become more wild than before with her taste of freedom.

He lowered his hand and slowly reached into his back pocket pulling out his half eaten jerky stick.

This grabbed her attention as she sniffed the air and let out a call. He tossed it into the air and she grabbed it, snapping it in her powerful jaws and swallowing it easily. She let out another call before turning around and taking off out of the paddock back into the jungle.

He smiled clicking the clicker before placing it back in his pocket.