Decisions

Ellie leaned against the door. "Alan, come out here." she said. After a few moments of silence, she heard his feet shuffling against the floor and he walked out of the bathroom fully composed.

"Alan, I'm not saying you have to like it. Hell, I know I don't. But do we really want to take Keira away from something that makes her so happy?"

Alan didn't respond as he sat on the bed resting his head in his hands.

"Ellie, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she...you know..I just couldn't. Knowing that I could have stopped her..."

"There are hundreds of things that could possibly kill someone throughout a day. I've heard vending machines kill many more people annually than sharks."

"But these are dinosaurs Ellie."

"Yes but look at it this way Alan. There are good people in the world and then there are bad people in the world. Look at the dinosaurs she's interacted with, you saw that triceratops. You heard about Owen's raptor protecting her. There are still good dinosaurs and Keira is no dummy. She knows these dinosaurs, probably better than we ever could in our lifetime."

Alan looked at his wife.

"What do you want me to do Ellie?"

"I want you to trust that Keira will make the right decision."

"You really want to go back?" Keira asked Owen walking over to him. He met her standing before her grabbing her face gently.

"Yes." he said looking her straight in the eye. 'I do, I want to go back to the crazy dangerous island, but more importantly I want to go back with you."

She smiled and her eyes sparkled, the golden specks flickering happily. "Let's go back then...I wanna go back."

He chuckled. "Well okay but we have to arrange a flight with Claire and pack but-" There was a knock at the door.

The two young adults froze.

"Keira, it's me." Her father's voice called out.

The two adults looked to each other.

"I already know Raptor boy is in there too."

"It's Raptor Man." Owen said before grimacing as he gave himself away. "Dammit."

Keira walked over and opened the door. Alan nodded his head and walked in, Keira closed the door behind him.

Alan shoved his hands into his pockets before facing them.

"You okay Dad?" she asked taking a step towards him but he held his hand up making her stop.

"One second Keira, let me just say this. I don't like agreeing with Malcolm, trust me it's the last thing I ever want to do. But I have to agree with him on the fact that, that island is dangerous."

"But Dad-"

"Hold on, let me finish and then you can speak."

"That place should never be an amusement park. And in reality those dinosaurs shouldn't exist."

Keira frowned and Owen clenched his fist watching her grow upset.

"However, that being said, they do exist. To no fault of their own, they were brought back to this world. They are living and breathing animals. Most people don't understand anything about them and they probably never will. But you do. I know you do." he turned to Owen. "And I know you do as well. Well, at least about raptors..maybe."