Sunset

Keira held onto her mother closing her eyes in her warm hold as Ellie fought back the tears that threatened to fall any moment. Alan rubbed Ellie's back attempting to comfort her but he felt a lump in his throat as well.

"Don't look at me like that guys, we'll back for Christmas." Keira told them. "It's not that long away."

Ellie let out a small sob. "I just miss having you here."

Keira frowned. "I know Mom."

"But, that's what happens, the baby bird has to leave the nest eventually, right?"

Keira hugged her again as Alan hugged the both of them. Mr. and Mrs. Grady hugged Owen before pulling Keira into a hug.

"Any wedding details and you'll let us know right?" Mrs. Grady asked.

"You got it."

"Dino!" Owen called. Dino walked out of the house trotting on over.

"Let's go buddy."

Keira took in a deep breath as they stood on the helicopter pad of Isla Nublar. She smiled looking out, she was ready to get back to work and get back in the routine of things.

She looked over at Owen who caught Dino who leaped into his arms before the two toppled over.

Keira couldn't be happier, with Owen by her side and Dino having her back, she knew things would be different from now on. She looked down to the amber stone in her ring, it seemed to burn bright in the sunlight as the sun was fading over the horizon and she hoped it was a sign that the future burned bright for the island.

A/N: The story doesn't end here dear readers. There is the sequel to this book called Nine to Survival Job, the first chapter has already been posted and there will be frequent updates as well.