The True Enemy

Owen dropped down tossing the gun to the side and pulling her into a tight hug. She, in return, wrapped her arms around him. He felt her chest heave in sobs.

"I thought I lost you." she cried into him. "I went to the exhibit and there was this arm, and blood..and the cars were all over the place like-"

He cut her off pulling her into a passionate kiss. He ran his hand through her hair and holding her closer so that there was no space left between them.

"I'm not going anywhere." he told her. "I told you I'd keep you safe."

"The Bamboo forest was a lot less menacing of a situation." she smiled at him. He returned the grin and kissed her forehead.

"At least we made it to the park center as planned." he said.

"This is all very touching and stuff.. but let's not forget what's going on!" Claire said. The two turned to her.

The park was being overrun and the group was running out of options as they reached a safe place to discuss their next step. Owen had carried Keira for most of the way and now set her down in the control room with Lowery as Vic Hoskins began to discuss his plan. They were in charge and the raptor squad was going to be used.

"They're not ready for that." Owen said defensively.

"We don't have much of an option!" Hoskins snapped. "They are highly intelligent, you said it yourself, they can hunt...we need that right now."

He looked to Keira, she frowned and looked away. Owen sighed.

"Fine, but I'm in charge. These are my girls."

Keira stood beside Barry as Owen stood in front of the four.

"Alright, let's give them the scent."

He grabbed the tracker that the Indominus Rex had been so smart to rip out of her skin earlier that day. Keira watched as Blue sniffed the chunk of flesh with the tracker. The four of them were itching to be released down. Owen threw the chunk down and walked over to Keira.

"I've got cameras on all of them, just stay put alright? I'll be back."

She swallowed hard and nodded.

He leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips before kissing her forehead. "By the way..." he said looking at her. "I love you too." he caressed her face before walking over to his motorcycle. Keira's cheeks were completely red but she smiled. He winked at her and then the girls were released.

Keira sat in the truck with Zach and Gray in the back along with Dino and Claire sitting in the passenger seat. She held the tablet that showed them the view coming from the raptors as they raced towards the Indominus Rex.

"Look at them go!" Keira said excitedly. She looked over to Claire to see  that she didn't share the same enthusiasm. "They're such stealth hunters."

"I want to see." Gray said.

"Oh no, you two shouldn't see this." Claire said closing over the little window.

Keira watched intently as the girls came upon their target.

She turned to Claire. "What in the hell did you guys make?" she asked.

"Dr. Henry was assigned to create a hybrid that would attract more tourists."

"Dr. Henry?" Keira said. She shook her head with anger before shoving the tablet into Claire and whistling for Dino to follow.

"Where are you going?!" Claire asked but Keira just get on moving despite her busted leg.