Circle of Life

Keira slammed on her brakes before grabbing her phone. She needed direction to this new paddock. She saw the missed calls from her father and deleted them before calling Lowery.

"Keira, where are you?"

"Tell me how to get to the new exhibit paddock."

"Keira that's not a good idea, the ACU isn't doing so well-"

"Dammit Lowery just tell me! Please!"

"Alright, alright, just please be careful." He forwarded her the directions to her phone. She took off driving wildly through the jungle like terrain.

She finally reached her destination and froze. She slowly climbed out of the car and saw the gate had been ripped through, bent as if it were made of pipe cleaners. Cars were tossed like they were toys and blood stained the ground everywhere.

"Owen?" she called as her voice cracked. "Owen!"

She took a few cautious steps away from the car only to trip over something. She landed on the ground roughly and her breath caught in her throat as she saw an arm with a partially ripped white shirt attached before her. She screamed before scooting back from it rapidly. She was shaking before ended up hurling right beside her. She broke into sobs full of fear and panic.

Living among the Herbivores had kept her sheltered, she had only witnessed dinosaur's death only hearing stories about the deaths in the carnivore field. But nothing could prepare her for this.Nothing in gory horror films compared to actually seeing it up close and personal. She pushed herself up but her body was shaking terribly as she made her way back to the car.

She sat there for a few minutes just staring out the front of the car.

She took a deep breath. She didn't see anything that said Owen didn't make it. She had to believe he made it.

She heard an alert text on her phone. She reached out and grabbed it reviewing the text.

She saw the text of all the attractions shutting down asking all tourists to return to the center of the park.

Lowery had called numerous times and sent her a bunch of texts. She opened the last one telling her to get to the center of the park. She responded saying she had to get Dino.

She didn't even realize she was crying until her vision blurred. She had to go get Dino as she floored it.

She raced through mud when she came upon some trees that were ripped or torn down. She stopped.

"No..." the cleared path was leading towards the plains.

Owen stood there as Claire begged him to help find her nephews. While he couldn't stand the woman, he couldn't think of two innocent boys out in the park with that animal running wild out there.

He turned to Lowery.

"Have you heard back from Keira?" he asked him.

"Uh no- " his phone went off. "Wait, it's her. She said she had to go get Dino. She's going to head to her place."

Owen nodded before turning to Claire.

"Let's go."

Keira fell to her knees as she looked around at the massacre of the Apatosaurus herd.

"No," she cried. "No, no ..NO!" she slammed her fist into the ground. "Why?" She suddenly heard a grunting noise. She jerked her head up and jumped to her feet looking around frantically as she raced into the field. She heard the grunt again and came to a halt when she saw the baby on the ground attempting to get up. It's side was slashed horribly deep and there was a pool of blood seeping into the ground.