Chapter three

September 13th

September 13th

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Ivy what the fuck?! I cursed to myself immediately after Harry looked over in my direction and responded to me.

"I've been okay, just busy, what about you?" I respond smiling back at him. He takes a step back and pulls out one of the pink chairs of Sweets and helps a little girl get seated. He pushes in her chair and hands her a small to go hot cup and looks back to me, taking a few steps closer.

Does he have a daughter? A sister maybe? Niece?

"I've been good. We've been busy this morning" he says, glancing back at the girl. "Ivy, this is my daughter Isla. Isla, Darling, do you want to meet daddy's new friend?" he asks.

She looks up from her cup looking at me and smiling brightly "Hi! My name's Isla" she says almost in a giggle.

"Well hello Isla. My name is Ivy!" I say smiling back. She's absolutely adorable. I mean I wouldn't expect much else considering who her dad is, but still!

She sits in her pink chair, sipping her drink every little while. Kicking her feet back and forth in a purple dress with little matching purple bows in her pigtails.

"Someone wasn't a fan of the idea of preschool this morning, so we had a late breakfast, watched a movie, re-did my nails, and now we're making a pit stop at her favourite place before I take her over there". He says softly so she couldn't hear him.

You can tell by the way he looks at her and speaks about her that he adores that little girl.

I gasp "Isla, this is your favourite place?" I question. She nods wildly, her grin spreading even wider across her face.

"That's so cool! It's my favourite place too!" I say a little too excitedly.

"I like it because the hot chocolate's yummy and the chairs are pink!"

I laugh softly at her excitement. "The pink chairs are my favourite part too" I whisper to her, like it's some massive secret. Looking back at Harry he's watching his daughter with the softest smile across his face.

"Isla" I say to him "Like the store?"

He chuckles "Yeah, uh I opened the store about three months after she was born" He says. "It's been something I've been wanting since I was young, and opening the store when Isla was a baby sounded like the best timing for me to do it because I could be with her while she was really little".

He looks so proud of his store and Isla it's adorable to watch actually. I wonder if he has a partner? I mean he has a daughter, so at some point he had to have had someone in his life. "That's amazing, Harry. The store is lovely, I can't believe I didn't know about it before last week".

He smiles at the compliment "Thanks" he mumbles shyly. "Hey, Uh- did you find what you were looking for last week? At the shop I mean..." he questions cautiously, like he's worried about my reaction.