Chapter twenty three

December 31st

December 31st

I wrap my arm around Ivy's back, holding her close to me as soon as I push through the door into the crowded bar. Ivy has some party thing for work, which isn't really work but there's a bunch of work people her and she said it's kind of expected that you go. It seems like a networking thing. 

She said I didn't have to go, but she doesn't even want to go either so I'm definitely not letting her do it alone. She said she would go for a few hours then come back in time for midnight, but Sierra said she would take Isla tonight, so we decided to make a night of it.

She looks fucking gorgeous. Like stunning. I almost dropped to my fucking knees when she came downstairs in a dress so small if she moves in the wrong way...things will be seen.

The jealousy that coursed through me when we were in the car was unmatched, when I realised other people will see her in this dress. I obviously didn't say anything though, because that's an issue I have to deal with, not her.

I push us through the crowd of people, towards the bar. Ivys got both of her arms wrapped around my arm. When we reach the bar, I stood behind her, with both of my arms on either side of her, hand resting on the counter of the bar. "What would you like?" I lower my head closer to her ear.

She leans her head back, "Vodka Cranberry please." she answers, I nod and order a beer for me, and Ivy's drink, as the lady beside us taps on her arm to get her attention, "Ivy?" she asks until she can see her face, and then her face lights up. "Oh my god. How have you been, I've missed you!" she says.

As soon as Ivy saw the woman, her face dropped and she looked instantly uncomfortable. "Thank you" I turn to the bartender, then back to Ivy and mumble. "C'mon." I grab our drinks in one hand, and grab her hand with the other.

I turn to the woman and smile politely, "I'm sorry our friends are waiting for us." I excuse us, trying to get ivy away out of there.

As we walk away Ivy laughs, turning into my chest to muffle her giggles. "What?" I smile.

She looks towards me, "We don't have friends." She says, making me laugh. "Yeah but she doesn't know that. And you're my friend." I squeeze her hand.

"You're my friend too. My best friend in fact." she says, throwing her bag onto the booth seat and sliding in.

I sit on the bench across from hers, "Oh really?" I act shocked. "I'm honoured, thank you baby."

"You should be." she sips on her drink.

"Who was that lady at the bar?" I ask, slightly nervous as to what her reaction is going to be.

She just rolls her eyes, "One of the girls I used to hangout with, with Mave. Haven't seen her since I stopped speaking to Mave."

"Oh." I nod.

"Yeah, we were never super close, and nothing dramatic happened. I just wasn't expecting to see her." she continues.