Chapter twenty two

December 25th

December 25th

"Guys." I feel a light poke to my cheek. "Guys." Another poke. I blink an eye open, and can barely see half of Islas face leaning over us through Harry's messy curls sprawled across my face from the way he lays across me. I carefully brush them out of my line of vision before checking on Isla. "Good morning, babe. Merry Chrstmas!"

"Let's get up!" she bounces up and down out of excitement.

"Your daddys still sleeping. Wanna cuddle until he wakes up?"

She sighs slightly disappointed in the fact she'll have to wait for her dad, but squishes herself in between the two of us nonetheless, before I wrap my arm over her.

We lay there silently, her hands resting on her stomach, where her fingers tap impatiently. After no longer than three minutes she whips her head towards harry and lifts her little arm, to gently poke him on the nose, whispering "Daddy!" until he squinted his eyes open slowly.

He's obviously startled by the very small gap between the two of their faces, before she grins at her victory and lets out a loud "Merry christmas!" into his face. He stares at her blinking for a second before laughing and pulling her into him, tickling her while she squirms, laughing wildly.

She kicks at his arms, still laughing before collapsing onto him, letting out a breath as Harry lets her go. "Merry Christmas, babe." he kisses all over her face, then turns to me.

"And you." he states, kissing me lightly. "Merry Christmas." He hums against my lips.

"You too! sorry, I tried to get her to let you sleep." I giggle, while he just shakes his head. "There's no point, it's not possible." he laughs.

The three of us get up, and put on some warmer clothes before making our way downstairs. Harry turns on the lights on the tree, and a few of the smaller lights in the living room, leaving all the big lights off. Before coming back into the kitchen with me. Isla has been sitting in front of the tree on the floor this whole time patiently waiting for us to get in there.

Harry and I make our coffees, and while we're waiting for his to brew, he hooks his arms over my shoulders, from where he stands against the counter, and pulls me into his chest. "Did you sleep well?" He kisses behind my ear.

"Yeah, great. How about you?" I spin to see him.

He nods, "So much better than when you were away."

"Me too," I hum "You're just so cosy" I cuddle into him.

The two of us bring our coffees and sit on the floor next to Isla. She's looking between us and the tree just radiating with excitement. She had told Harry and I she got us presents when she was with uncle ross one day. She was adamant on keeping it a secret, but she did struggle massively with not blurting it out.

Harry grabs a blanket off the couch, and throws it over our laps. "Alright, ready?" he asks, eyes sparkling with love and excitement for the joy his daughter is feeling right now. He was so cute while we were wrapping her gifts, I came over to show him what I got her, and make sure he thought she would like them. And also to help him wrap gifts. He said he tries to limit how much he buys her on holidays, as he doesnt want her to have unrealistic expectations for her future life.