Chapter thirteen

** I already had this posted but i deleted it by accident

** I already had this posted but i deleted it by accident... sorry lol 

November 5th

Giggles fill my ears, and the wind chills my face. "Higher! Higher Ivy!" Isla yells at me inbetween giggles. As her little body flies forward and backward on the little swing. Both her hands are holding onto the chains on either side of her body.

My arms reach forward every time she flies towards me. Harry and I decided to take her out to the market this morning. We went to a few of the stands already to look around, before Isla spotted the park they move in every weekend when they set up all the stands in the market.

Obviously as soon as she suggested it, Harry was immediately turning, to head towards the park. He didn't even need any persuading.

"Again!Again!" She laughs. I slowly turn my head to the side to check on Harry, but he's still over by the benches, on the phone. His hand is held up to his ear, holding his phone. His head is slightly tilted downwards towards the ground. He looks confused about whatever the person on the phone is telling him, and his eyebrows and nose are scrunched. Is he mad?

He's been over there a while. We started with Harry pushing Isla on the baby swing, and pushing me on the bigger swing next to her, switching between the two of us until his phone rang; when he looked to see who it was and excused himself to go answer.

"Ivy! Swing with me!" I was invited back to swing, originally when Harry left, she put me on pushing duty. She even told me I was better at pushing her then Harry is, honestly it's an honour.

"Alright sorry!" Harry lets out as he comes jogging back to us, his left arm putting his phone back into his pocket.

I try to catch his attention silently while he looks over, and when our eyes meet my head tilts to the side "Everything okay?"

He looks back to Isla, avoiding my gaze slightly. "Yeah. Work call. Sorry." he says, lifting Isla up, and out of the swing. Once her feet hit the ground their hands link. And he starts leading Isla away from me. I look between them confused for a second before I zone back in and pick my purse off the ground where I left it to push Isla, and step quickly to catch up with them.

Why's he being so weird? Is he mad at me? Did I do something?

He's never just left me like that before, I know it's not really that big of a deal. It's just so out of character for him. He usually Holds my hand, or wraps his arm around me, or at least waits for me. He is such a gentle man. It's in everything he does. It doesn't matter if it's for Isla or me or any person he speaks to, he's always kind and gentle.

My feet fall inline with theirs as I reach my hand out to hold his hand that's free. As soon as my hand reaches his, his head turns down to me. His face softens, "You okay?" he asks, Eyes still on mine, just quickly looking ahead every couple seconds to make sure he doesn't run into anyone.