Chapter fifteen

November 7th 

She just looks so pretty. She always does but especially now in the early morning light with her face squished into my chest. Her hair is splayed all across the pillows and her back. She lets out soft breathes that tickle me every once in a while. Her eyelashes flutter softly resting on her cheek bones.

She's so pretty.

I wish I could stay here with her forever in this peaceful state. Just to watch her so calm, she's comfortable when she sleeps. Her eyelids flutter as she breathes and turns to cuddle into me more, wrapping herself around me like a koala.

She tilts her head back slightly and I feel her press a kiss to my neck before tucking her head back in against me and the pillows. "Morning baby" I whisper into the quiet space.

"Good morning" she mumbles sleepily into my neck. I kiss her head and turn to look at the clock on the nightstand, 9:30. I should get up because Isla will be up any minute now, she's already slept in way more than usual.

I slowly roll Ivy off of me, "No." she mumbles into the pillows, sticking her arms out backwards in the air reaching for me. I chuckle lowly, leaning in to get her all cosy in the blankets. I move all her hair onto her right shoulder so I can leave a light kiss on her shoulder. I'm extra cautious not to disturb her in case she can get a couple extra minutes of sleep.

I cross the hall, slowly opening Islas door to check on her. I scan my eyes over her room until I see her sitting in the corner, on the floor playing with her toys. "Hi, Darling. Good morning." Her head snaps up to me with a cute little smile making its way onto her face.

"Hi daddy. I missed you." I chuckle walking into her room, "Missed you too, sweet girl. Are you hungry? I'm gonna head downstairs to grab something for Ivy, do you want to come with me?" I suggest.

"She puts her toys down and immediately stands up. "Yep!" she steps over what she was playing with. I stick my hand out for her to grab and we walk downstairs while she excitedly tells me about the dreams she had all night while she slept.

As we enter the kitchen I pick Isla up and set her on the step stool she has against the counter. "Stay there for a sec" I tell her, I open the fridge. Her stool has a railing thing around it, just to make sure she won't fall. I grab a carton of strawberries out of the fridge and set them on the counter, along with a cutting board and a knife. I cut up a bowl of strawberries for Ivy, and then I make some eggs for Isla, putting it on a pink plate that has three sections on it. "How many strawberries do you want, darling?" I ask, taking one and starting to cut it up. "Ummm" she says, holding her little hand up on her chin looking like she's thinking way too hard about this. "Three!" she says holding up three fingers.

I love her so much. My favourite thing to do is spend time with her, she instantly makes anyone's day better. "Great choice, if you want more after i'll come grab some more".