Chapter five

September 18th

September 18th

I've been standing in my closet for 20 minutes. I can't figure out what the right thing to wear is. I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed. I don't want to look like I tried too hard, I mean it's just coffee after all.

I'm going to see Harry today. He texted me a couple days ago after I saw them at the store and was asking about when I was free for coffee, but he's been extremely busy this week so I offered to bring him some to Isla's.

I grab a white turtleneck, some black tights, and a black dress and throw them on. I quickly grab some black boots and white socks trying to put them on as I try and find my bag. I told him Id be there around 11 with the coffees but me standing in that closet for so long is going to push me back a bit.

I hate being late.

Throwing my bag onto my arm and grabbing my phone and keys, I head out the door, locking it on my way out.

After grabbing our coffees from Sweets, I make my way to Islas.

In the car I sit in silence overthinking everything, I'm so nervous. I'm not sure if this is technically a date, I mean he may not even be interested like that. But he looked so nervous that day in the grocery store asking if i wanted to go for coffee that i don't know. I don't know anything anymore.

As I pull up to Islas, I grab my bag from the passenger seat, and grab the coffees and head in. When I get to the door, I take a big breath as I open it and walk in.

The bell chimes as I walk through the door and look around. I see him on the left side of the store putting some new flowers on the display shelf.

He looks so good.

He's wearing beige pants, white top, and an open short sleeve white button up.

When he hears the bell chime, he turns around and when he meets my eyes a bright smile spreads across his face.

"Hi" he says

"Hi, Harry, how are you this morning?" I say smiling back at him.

I walk towards him and hand him his coffee

"Thank you for bringing it here, i'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to be this busy this week"

"It's no problem at all" I say honestly. I've really been looking forward to seeing him again. There's something about him that just feels comfortable and safe. "So, I know you're busy. What's the occasion?"

He looks at me "Three weddings, actually". Just as he finishes his sentence a door in the back of the shop opens and a man who looks about twenty walks through. He's got curly brown hair and is wearing a black shirt and jeans.

As he makes eye contact with me his face changes and he looks confused. Like he's trying to figure out if he's seen me before "Hey" he says hesitantly.