Chapter 23

"You won't destroy me!" He roared as he rushed towards me.

Everything seemed to slow down and speed up all at once. The pack came rushing out to fight Liam howling at the cave and I am fighting Max.

I am straining not to use my powers because I don't want my wolves to feel the backlash of it.

I grabbed Max and slung him down. He quickly broke free and rolled away springing up and lunging at me again. Out of the corner of my eye I see my friends overcoming the rouge wolves. Pixie and Aaron are fighting side by side as are Ax and Rex.

Liam is forcing his way to me limping as he goes. I can smell his blood and feel his pain course through him.

I feel a blow to my side from not paying attention and I slammed into the ground grunting.

His claws going into my side and I snarled slamming my fist into his face making him stumble back.

"MILO!" Jacob screamed rushing towards us. "Milo That's My dad!" He got between us.

My heart broke seeing him protecting him. "Jacob he is behind all of this. He was controlling my dad. He is the reason for Tom. He did all of this!"

Jacob stepped towards Max. "I don't believe you. He helped you!"

"He told me. He wants to be the Alpha. I am sorry." I stepped towards Jacob to move him out of the way.

Jacob turned toward his father his face fallen. "Dad?" His voice is shaking as he really looks at his father.

Half turned and blood from us fighting. His eyes scanning around as he looks paranoid. He was almost foaming at the mouth.

 Max snarled at him shaking. "Move! NOW!"

He shoved Jacob to get him out of the way and went to lunge at me. Jacob wrapped his arm around Max's neck and pulled backward getting him in a choke hold.

Max sliced open Jacob arm blood pouring out like a waterfall but he didn't let go. I rush towards them.

"Dad stop please!" He is begging him. "I can't lose you!"

Max is thrashing around trying to break the hold when I notice something behind his ear.

"Jacob pin him down." I yelled at him helping force Max down.

A few of the pack came and helped pin him down a few getting bit in the process. I slammed his head over to look behind his ear. 

The device that is controlling people is behind it. I snarled ripped it off him. He is still trashing around fighting to get of him. Finally the lack of oxygen from the chokehold made him pass out and slump against Jacob.

"Please Milo Don't kill him." Jacob begged.

The wolves that were surrounding us tied him up and dragging him back to the prison. Maybe we can save his father unlike we did with mine.

"If we cannot get him under control and if he is a threat to the pack then I won't have a choice."  I stood up searching for Liam.

All the wolves have been taken down and taken away to the prison. I start rushing through the crowd losing sight of Liam over and over again. I finally broke through the crowd and rushed into Liam's arm.

"I was so scared I lost you." I mumbled into his chest.

"You didn't. I am really here I promise." He kissed me calming me down. "There is something you need to know though." He rubbed his face.

"They had other wolves and prisoners in there. I don't know how but..." He trailed off and I hear Jenson gasp.

I turned to see Jenson grab someone helping them stand. I walked over to them trying to figure out who that is. The guy is leaning on Jenson shaking violently.

They turned to me and I stepped back in fear. I looked around.

"How? " I whispered.

My father smiled and whispered my name before passing out.