Chapter 10

I stayed on the couch for the night. I didn't want to scare Scott if I had a nightmare. I shifted sitting on the couch and looked at the time. Its about 3. I sighed I don't want to fall asleep it all comes flooding back. I hear shuffling around in the kitchen and I got up to see who it was. Sara was getting some water.

I stood in the doorway watching her. She moves like a dancer. She has a small frame which is where i got mine from. Her hair was pulled up in a bun and she looked around my age. She glanced over at me. "Do you want something Milo? I can make you anything you want."

"Some water would be nice." I smiled in thanks and sat at the counter.

She handed me a bottle and sat with me. We sat for a few minutes and I looked at her. "Did you love me?"

"What?" She looked at me in surprise. "Oh hunny I still do. I thought I did what was best and I regretted giving you up. I missed you everyday. When I checked on you, you seemed so happy. I thought I did the right thing."

"I understand that. I was until I was 10. I just keep thinking that if you had stayed or come back for me it wouldn't have happened. I know I shouldn't think that. It doesn't change anything." I sighed.

"It would have been different baby. If I had the slightest idea about what he was going to do... I would have killed him myself. I would die trying to protect all of my children." She said fiercely.

"I keep having nightmares. I dont know what to do about them." I sighed.

"You will have them for awhile love its natural." She smiled at me.

I smiled back at her. This was nice. I got up and went back to the couch. I hear Sara walk back upstairs. I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the pack house and Slade is standing in the kitchen. I can tell he is furious. I walk over and try to hug him when he pushes me away. I look at him hurt and confused.

"You can stop your pretending you fucking whore." He snarled out.

"Whore? What the hell are you taking about?" I snap at him hurt. I don’t understand why he is acting like this.

He slaps me. "Respect me! I am an Alpha! You have been playing me this whole time! You have been spying on me! You've cheated on me! You’re a whore."

I look at him tears filing my eyes. He hit me.. "I've never cheated on you."

His hand gripped my throat and squeezed.

"Liar. I saw you last night fucking some guy. Your alpha told me how you’re a trader and he promised to keep you in the pack to your mother. He told me how you are playing me. That you plan on going to the rouges about my pack. How you got your friends to beat you from me to pity you! You acted this whole time and lied about everything!"

He threw me against the wall. I hit the floor and my vision is filled with tears. How did my father find out? Why did Slade believe him. Couldn’t Slade tell Tom was raping me?

"You believed him?" I whimpered

"He was right about the cheating. Why would he lie about everything else?" He threw me out of the house making my arm break as I fall on to the ground. I lay there stunned. I say what keeps running through my mind.

"You promised not to hurt me..." I whimper looking at him. My heart breaking into a million pieces.

"Consider this me breaking that promise you don't deserve it to be kept. I am rejecting you as my mate" He hit me one last time and walked into the house.

I stood up slowly. My heart is breaking into pieces and it is the worst pain I have ever been through. I walked home on a daze. How did my father find out? Why would he do this? Tears running down my face as I walk to my shed.

My father is smirking in front of the shed. I stop. "Why?"

"You don't deserve to be happy. You deserve NOTHING." He hit me.

I fell to the ground. “Who told you!” I cry out.

“Jacob told me. Do you really think that he was your friend? He was playing you! God you are an idiot!.” He snarled out.

He kicked me over and over. He started punching me and I felt a knife go into my side. I can't see anything room the blood pouring down my face. He is going to kill me. My wolf takes control and I punch out wildly and get up. I can’t die! I start to run blindly. I hear a gun go off 3 times. I feel it hit my shoulder, my knee and my side. The pain is intense

I wake up choking and screaming. Liam is standing over me trying to comfort me. I flinched away from him the memory still fresh in my mind. Im shaking crying. Liam looks hurt that I wont let him touch me. I try to say something but It all comes out in sobs. Sara came rushing over to me and stopped before hugging me. She gently pulled me into her arms and I rested against her.

Her hands are brushing my hair and rubbing my back as I hear her heartbeat. Her scent surrounds me calming me down. I finally started breathing normally. I sat up looking at Liam.

"Where is Scott?"

"Still asleep. Its only 5. I could tell something was wrong." He went to touch me again and I flinched. He pulled away hurt.

"I dreamed about the night you rejected me." I whispered.

He flinched and sat down. Sara looked confused. "My father made it seem like I cheated on Liam. So when I went to see him he rejected me. When I went back home my father tried to kill me. He shot me 3 times."

"What!" Liam looked at me.

"You didnt know? Thats how Rex and Ax found me. They saved me in more ways than one." I sighed. "Go back to bed Im fine."

Liam pulled me up and kissed me deeply. I moaned against him and smiled. I love him. Sara hugged us both and went upstairs. Liam pulled me into his lap.

"Milo? Are we ok?"

"Yes baby. It is just going to take me some time. I know you want me over this but I cant just get over it." I snuggled into him.

"I was thinking we could go to your fathers office today and look around. See if there is anything we can find."

"That would be great. Lets make some breakfast first and spend time with Scott. I am worried about him. I dont want to leave him alone today. Those rouges could attack again." I grimanced about the attacks.

He nodded. "I already have more patrols around the lands. We will figure this out babe."

I hope so..