chapter 11

Redoing this chapter

After breakfast we all walked to my old house. I made Scott stay between Liam and I. I wanted to make sure he was ok if we were attacked. I was tensed up all the way to the house. We finally walked in and some of the pack walked up to us. I shifted uneasy. They welcomed us and told us what was happening with the pack. Liam looked over at me and I nodded to let him deal with the problems in the pack. I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle it right now. Scott and I walked to the office to look around.

"What are we looking for?" Scott looked around at the mess. No one cleaned up after the fight they just patched the window.

"We will know when we see it." I sighed and started shifting through the stuff.

There are boxes and boxes with files. Combine that with the mess we made when we fought it was going to take forever.

Liams pov

I walked away from Milo and Scott a little worried about them. Milo has been through so much I don’t want this to crush him.  I walked out of the house following some of the wolves to see what was wrong. I gritted my teeth wanting to tear them all apart. I swallowed down my resentment and listen to them talk about the pack. We got to the field and some wolves were fighting. I snarled out and they stopped.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” I stepped forward.

“He ….He “The bigger guy stammered and the little guy looked upset.

“FUCK YOU RON! YOU ATTACKED ME!” The little guy screamed at the guy towering over him. “I REJECT YOU!”

I looked in shock at them. He attacked his own mate? The little guy went to stomp by me but I stopped him. “Name?”

“Trey.” He growled out. He was shaking from the fight and was fighting not to cry.

“Stay here while I talk to Ron.” He nodded as I walked towards Ron.

He looked pale and shaky. “I don’t know why I attacked him. I am not gay. I didn’t want him hurt though. I was in shock.”

“Do you want him to be your mate?” I asked him.

He nodded and walked over to Trey and they started talking quietly.  The old Beta walked over to me and I about snarled. “Alpha” He nodded in respect.

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t rip you apart.” I stepped toward him.

“I didn’t have a choice but to treat him that way. I don’t know what got into Michael. He was a terror to anyone who defied him. I have scars from trying to get him to stop. He threatened my son.” He explained.

I growled in frustration. When am I going to be able to get this out of my system I need to punish them. I cant punish them if they were victims themselves. “Tell me the problems of the pack since the old Alpha died.”

The beta went on about the problems and my thoughts drifted over to milo.

Milo ~~~~

My eyes drifted over the papers nothing important at all. Everything I have read  didn’t have anything to do with attacks or anything. I was getting frustrated. I need some sort of clue. Liam walked in hours later and we have barely made a dent. I sighed in frustration and threw my papers. "This is not telling us anything.!"

"Baby it will be alright." He said walking to me.

"No you already think I'm crazy for doing this. What if I don't find anything! what will you say!" I snapped.

"Baby let's go for a run so you can calm down. We will come back and start with fresh eye's. " He tugged me to him.

I sighed and nodded in agreement. "Scott stay in the house. I don't want you to be in danger if another attack happens. "

He nodded as we walked out. We went out into the field and stretched. I closed my eyes and tried to shift. Pain consumed my body and knocked me to the floor. I gasped trying to breathe. The pain stopped when I stopped trying to shift. Liam looked at me worried. I winced and tried to shift again. I screamed in pain and stopped.

I can't shift.

I looked up at Liam pale and shaky. I whispered to him. " I can't shift. why can't I shift?"

Everything goes hazy and I start shaking. Why ME? Liam picked me up and ran me to the doctor. The voices didn't seem real as I curled up. Liam walked over to me and curled into his arms.

"The stress from everything and you being shot is to much for you to handle. That's why you can't shift." He explained to me while holding me.

"For how long?" I asked.

"He doesn't know... but it could be permanent. "