chapter 1

A light is shining on my face I squint. “Hello? Can you turn that off.”

The room lights up and I look around trying to figure out where the hell I am.

“Hello Milo.”

I tense up and turn. “You are dead. What is going on here?”

He sighs and sits down. “I am sorry Milo. I wish I didn’t do the things I did. You are my son and I love you.”

“Bullshit. If you did love me you wouldn’t have hurt me the way you did!” I snarled looking into my father’s eyes.

“Milo we don’t have much time. I wasn’t myself. I was looking for something to disown you with. It could have been anything because I wasn’t me...” he looks so broken and is begging me to believe him.

“What do you mean?” I glare at him not believing in him.

“About a month before you came to me we had an attack remember? Something happened to me and it was like I was trapped in my own body. Milo my son. I would never have hurt you. I love you and I am so proud of you. I am happy that you found your mate. I don’t care that you are gay.” He walked to me as I am frozen in shock and hugs me.

Then everything goes white.

“He is back. I think he is waking up.”  Someone said hovering over me.

A million questions start being thrown at me and I’m looking around. I don’t know anyone in this room. My breathing is short and I try to sit up.

“Milo. Lay back down. You aren’t all the way healed and are going to rip the IVs out.” A man in his late 40s told me.

I growl out. “Who are you? Where is my mate? GET AWAY FROM ME.”

I jerk away from them and a pain is in my chest and I gasp for air. I close my eyes and breathe through the pain. I felt hands on me and I quickly open my eyes.

“Oh thank god.” Liam cried out and kissed me gently. I could tell he had been crying.

“I’m ok baby. You know I would never leave you.” I soothed him playing with his hair as he rested his head on me.

Now I just have to figure out what happened. I can’t remember anything and if the conversation I had with my father was real or not.