chapter 21

I couldn’t sleep. I tried, but all the information was swirling in my head. We need to make a plan. I got up quietly and went into the office. I gathered up the maps for the area and laid them out. I need to start getting everyone checked for the devices. There is no telling how many people are in his control. I shuttered. I stared at the map trying to decide what would be the best way to attack. The lake is a big disadvantage. I don’t know how many people he has or what kind of training.

Maybe I could coax him into a battle, one on one. I growled frustrated, my skin crawling with memories of Tom. I hate feeling this way. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I sighed overwhelmed.

“Baby you are supposed to be sleeping.” Liam’s voice calmed me.

“I couldn’t. Not with all of this shit going on. And...” I drifted off.

“And what love?”  He came closer concerned.

“I don’t want to have nightmares.” I choked out.

He didn’t say a word as he pulled me into his arms and let me calm down.

“Well first things first love,let’s talk to the doctor and start getting everyone checked out. Then once we are in the clear, we can train them. We will get the best fighters and make a plan to attack. Let’s go get some food. You haven’t eaten since I don’t know when.” He held my hand and led me downstairs.

He sat me down and started grabbing things around the kitchen. “Liam...” I called out to him. He turned to face me. “Just when I start to think it’s not worth it, you pull me up and take care of me. I love you so much.”

He looked at me, shocked and pulled me to him. He held on to me, almost scared to let me go. I hugged him back and enjoyed him being with me.

Weeks went by. I was growing angrier by the day. Everyone was checked and cleared but the training was going slow and the fighters we picked to help make a plan won’t agree for anything. I snarled, punching a bag ready to go fight the bastard that ruined my life. Liam stood in the doorway watching me. He has been training me for the last few weeks and now I can take him out without using my powers.

My powers are now fully in control with the help of Jenson who has been a huge help with preparing everyone for the fight.

“WHAT?!” I yelled at Liam who was smiling at me.

“Happy birthday.”

“What?” I looked at him surprised.

“It’s your birthday. Happy 18th birthday love.” He kissed me.

“I forgot. I never celebrated; it’s just another day to me.” I shrugged.

“Well never again. Come on, I have a surprise for you.” He tugged on my hand leading me out excited.