[🎲/🫀] First Mission (Horror + Cross)

Summary: Nightmare and Killer have a brief conversation with each other, one that confuses Horror greatly. Later on, he decides to try to speak with Cross about it.

Characters: Nightmare, Killer, Horror, Cross

Words: 1,451

Trigger Warnings: Murder, fighting
--------------------------------------------------
"I'm mad at you."

Those words would usually be enough to send shivers down anyone's spine, especially considering they'd come from the Guardian of Negativity himself. Though when spoken to Killer, it seemed as if nothing out of the ordinary was said.

"Yeah? Why's that?" He asked, not looking up from his phone.

Horror paused his eating for a moment, looking towards Cross to see his reaction to the situation. Surprisingly enough, Cross also seemed rather calm about it, scrolling through his phone whilst leaning against Killer.

"Your blatant disregard for your own safety." Nightmare replied, picking up a piece of fruit from the bowl on the table in front of them.

Killer put down his phone and turned his attention towards his Boss, who was irritatedly eating grapes.

"How?" He asked.

"Earlier, on our mission, you completely put both of us at risk by giving out information to the residents of the Universe.. knowing that it was one that's heavily watched over by Ink. Do you not see a problem with that?" Nightmare replied, evidently trying not to get upset with his subordinate.

Killer looked towards the ceiling for a moment, thinking about the situation at hand.

"I do.. Sorry, Night, I'll try not to give away stuff next time." He apologised, looking back towards him.

Nightmare sighed before turning his attention back to the TV, the random show just barely managing to keep his boredom at bay.
------
"What was that?!" Horror asked Cross, confused at what had happened earlier in the day.

"What do you mean?" Cross asked in response, kicking the snow in front of them.

The pair had been sent out on a mission to test Horror's strength and loyalty, with Cross going along to drag Horror back alive if anything went wrong.

"It was as if Killer wasn't afraid at all.."

"Huh? Are you talking about their conversation from earlier?" Cross asked.

"Yes?"

"It's normal, you'll get used to it."

Horror dropped the conversation topic for a while, choosing to go along with what he was supposed to be doing.

"Hey, what do I do when I can't concentrate? Is this gonna affect my score or whatever it is this is for?" He yelled towards Cross, who was sitting on a nearby tree stump barely paying attention to the scene at hand.

"Probably not, I did horribly on my first mission. Nerves getting the better of you?" Cross yelled back, watching as Horror successfully took the Soul of another monster.

"Nah, it's just.. ugh, how do I explain it.." he trailed off near the end.

Horror planted the sharpened edge of his axe into the ground, leaning onto it as he paused to think.

"How'd you first meet Nightmare?" Horror asked.

"..It was.. a long time ago, so I don't fully remember. There was a lot of stuff going on other than that, too. I met him in an empty place, Chara saw an opportunity and so we just kind of started working with him." Cross responded, quieter than he normally would.