[🎲] Harder than it seems (All of Nightmare's Gang but Cross)

Summary: Error and Horror decide to try their hands at baking after seeing how easy Killer and Nightmare made it seem. It doesn't go well.

Characters: Error, Horror, Killer, Nightmare, Dust

Word Count: 988
--------------------------------------------------

"Goddamn it, Horror!" Error screeched, slamming the whisk down onto the counter.

It was hard enough for him to figure out how to beat eggs without having any form of booklet or instructions, he'd just taken to beating the damn things with anything he could find around him.. much to his annoyance it wasn't really changing much.

"Wha?" Horror responded, his mouth full of the food they were supposed to be using.

Error yanked the bag of chocolate chips out of Horror's hands, throwing them onto the counter.

"You eat one more handful of these and I will launch you into an AU to get more!" He shouted, grabbing a rolling pin and gently hitting Horror over the head with it.

"Nightmare and Killer made this look easy.." Horror grumbled, crossing his arms and pouting.

Neither of them knew what they were doing, they were just trying to prove a point. That point being that Killer and Nightmare's bond with each other wasn't that great - they were just doing incredibly simple things together extraordinarily well. Now that they were together and trying to mimic what they'd done.. it was a lot harder than they'd originally assumed.

"Yeah, because Killer wasn't digging his hands into all of the food and infecting it with his grossness!" Error responded, going back to his attempt at beating eggs.

Horror exhaled irritably. Maybe if he didn't have an annoying Destroyer who thought he knew everything it would be an easier task..

Horror grinned, bumping into Error as he walked past him.

"Gah-! You little-"

Error dropped the bowl, the eggs spilling onto the floor. He blinked for a few seconds before grabbing the rolling pin, glaring at Horror.

"Whoops, was an accident." Horror said sarcastically, leaning against the counter.

"You fuckin' asshole! All I ask is for you to cooperate and you-"

Error paused as he watched Horror grab the bag of chocolate chips.

"Put those down." He demanded, summoning some strings in case he needed to forcefully remove it from Horror's hands.

"Why? This shit went downhill quick, no point in continuin' with it, right?"

"I swear to ALL that is holy I will destroy your AU if you keep trying this shit with me!" Error threatened, taking a step towards Horror.

Horror's grin grew larger as he heard Error's words. Bullshit, that's what it was.

"Right, as if Night won't launch ya outta the gang for that.."

Error tried to think of a rebuttal and failed, resorting to making stuttered sounds before throwing the pin he held at Horror's head. Horror dodged with relative ease, used to Error's attempts on his life by now. The pin went straight through the kitchen window, plummeting into the garden below.

The pair tensed. Nightmare was going to fucking kill them if he found out about their little accident. Without any words spoken they began scrambling to grab any ingredients left out, putting them back where they'd found them in an attempt to hide their evidence. Despite their quarrels, if there was one thing they could agree on it was that they did not want to be there when Nightmare next was. They thanked the stars above that they'd not told a soul that they were planning on baking together that day, otherwise who knew what could've-

"What kind of fucked up Hell have I walked into today?"

A voice from the doorway caught their attention, the pair turning to see Dust.

"Dust.. turn around and go." Error spoke, pulling strings out from his eye sockets threateningly.

Dust was about to respond, but quickly noticed the smashed window. He turned and ran, prompting the other two to follow, stumbling over themselves as they did.

"Killer! Killer, where are you?!" Dust screamed, narrowly avoiding the strings that were being sent out towards him.

"Jesus, not like you to shout, what's- whoa!" Killer spoke, being cut off by Dust making a mad dash by him, followed by two other skeletons.

"They broke a window in the kitchen!" Dust yelled back, prompting Error and Horror to pause, turning to face their newest target.

Killer stayed silent for a moment, processing his words, before a grin came to his face. He began to run down the hallway, knowing damn well he was being followed by his teammates with their frantic shouts for him to stop, for him to not tell Nightmare, that they'd do anything if he didn't.

He sprinted downstairs and continued through another hallway, grasped onto the doorframe and managed to get into his office, coming to a stop just by Nightmare's desk. The two skeletons followed closely behind, also stopping just behind him.

"What-"

"They broke a kitchen window!" Killer yelled, interrupting his Boss as he tried to catch his breath.

"That's not true, he broke it!" Horror retorted, pointing to an offended looking Error.

"Well maybe if someone wasn't being an asshole, I wouldn't have-"

"Jesus Christ I have a horrible headache and none of you are helping!" Nightmare yelled, interrupting their blooming argument.

He stood up and began to walk out of his office, dragging the three skeletons with him.

"I don't care who did it, all three of you are fixing it for being so annoying!"

The sounds of angry skeletons could be heard from behind him, all three equally irritated about their upcoming punishment. They didn't deserve this! Well, maybe one of them did, but not all of them! This was just Nightmare being unfair.

Dust watched from outside the office as the three were dragged away, laughing quietly to himself at their idiotic behaviour. At least he wouldn't have to suffer through learning how to fix a window. His laughter ceased as he remembered how stupid they actually were, and how Nightmare would probably drag him into it to help them stay on track.. It seemed none of the skeletons who'd partaken in the incident would get off free this time.