[🎲] Learning to Trust (Error + Swap)

Summary: Blue visits Error in the Anti-Void, only to find something truly concerning.

Characters: Ink, Blue, Error, Nightmare, Killer (mentioned)

Word Count: 1,588

Trigger Warnings: Blood, knife injuries
--------------------------------------------------
"Thank you, Ink!" Blue cheerfully spoke to his teammate, who'd helped him get to where he needed to be.

"No problem, Blue! Although.." Ink placed his hand to his forehead, looking out over the extensive whiteness of the Anti-Void.

He stepped forwards slightly, reaching for his brush with a large grin on his face.

"Ink!" Blue scolded, gently hitting his friend's arm.

Ink groaned and turned back towards the portal he'd created to get them there in the first place, sadly walking over to it.

"You'll be able to see him later when he drops me off, remember?" Blue called out to him, a small smile on his face.

He was well aware of Ink's infatuation with Error, likely stemming from Error's unreasonable existence and how he seemingly couldn't die similarly to Ink. The pair had a large amount in common with each other, even if Error absolutely refused to acknowledge it at all costs.

Ink perked up immediately, a large smile on his face. "Oh yeah!" He yelled in return.

Ink jumped back through the portal, leaving Blue alone in the endless expanse of white. In the beginning he'd been both terrified and curious of the place, Error refusing to let him go didn't exactly help that fear. Over time with his bonding sessions with said skeleton though, the place had grown on him a lot.

"Error!" He yelled out, walking forwards.

Error had a specialty for hiding from Ink, typically in the strings way above the average monster eye's vision, only coming down when the artist had left to bother someone else. This time though, Blue noted that his friend seemed peculiarly quiet.

"Error?" He yelled again, slightly louder.

He was so focused on what was above him that he didn't bother looking in front of him, not having enough time to stop himself from slipping and falling into a puddle.

"Ah.." he slightly winced in pain, flicking the liquid off of him as he finally looked down, confused about what had happened.

Blue paused as he realised that the presumed puddle he slipped on wasn't a typical puddle - this one being a bright red in colour. He blinked, breath speeding up as the worst of situations came to mind. He'd never seen Error bleed before, the skeleton had always been careful enough to not get badly damaged in a fight; something was extremely wrong.

He looked around for any sign of his friend, noticing a trail of bloody footsteps leading off into the distance. He hurriedly stood up and began running after them, trying to find where they led to.

He slowed as the footsteps appeared to disappear into thin air, absolutely no trace of where they could've gone. Blue gasped for breath as he looked up, trying to spot anything in the strings that he knew lay above him.

"Error!" He screamed, trying to attract his attention.

He knew Error wouldn't die. He couldn't die. But he'd also made the mistake of assuming that he couldn't bleed, something he wished he hadn't done. If he'd have known he was capable of getting hurt, if he'd have known this would eventually happen, if he'd have even thought about-

"Go away."

Blue perked up at his voice from above. It was strained, but it was better than no answer at all.