[🎲/🫀] Friendship (Cross + Horror)

Summary: Sometimes you have to learn to ignore prominent flaws to remain friends with people.

Characters: Cross, Horror, Dust (mentioned)

Word Count: 408

Trigger Warnings: Human consumption
--------------------------------------------------
"Want some?" Horror asked through chewing.

Cross shook his head, trying to avoid looking at his teammate. His Soul was beating almost out of his ribcage from what was going on beside him, something that he'd never put much thought into before.

He knew Horror came from a rough situation with very little food and that he had to adapt wildly to survive and help the Monsters of the Underground to survive, too.. but he'd never thought that eating raw humans was possible for him.

He spared a glance towards his teammate, who was still tearing into the flesh of the human he'd laid in front of him on his lap. Cross wasn't necessarily against devouring them in the toughest of situations, but the way Horror was going about it..

"Dust used t'sit here and watch me eat." Horror spoke, staring directly at Cross.

Dust had always been infatuated with the grosser parts of his teammate's actions, the way for why they acted like they did. It wasn't entirely surprising to Cross that he'd be interested in Horror's eating patterns.

"..I can see why." He responded, turning away.

Horror ripped off a piece of the intestine that he was eating, holding it out to Cross.

“Y’know, if you tried it maybe you wouldn’t be so judgemental.” He spoke.

Cross reached out to grab it before pulling away, lightly shaking his head. He didn’t want to risk catching any form of disease from the meat, nor did he exactly fancy eating raw meat in the first place. He’d heard that it tasted similar to pork. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t at all curious to know if it were true or another lie, but he wouldn't stoop so low to try it for himself.

"Why not? Bit weird if you ask me." Horror said, pulling back the meat and throwing it into his mouth.

Cross sighed, not feeling entirely comfortable with the topic at hand.

"You seem to think that everyone here has no morals.." he mumbled, loud enough for Horror to hear.

"Right. A gang of murderers who steal food t' live and have little to no regard for anyone they hurt. Definitely a team of people with intact morals, Cross." He responded, obviously agitated with the situation.

Cross rolled his eyes and got up, walking into to the kitchen.

"Where ya goin'? I got food right here!" Horror yelled after him, laughing.

Cross gently sighed, opening the fridge to find something actually edible to eat.