6

The cabin is basically a smaller version of the larger Kim home, and just as cozy when Taehyung opens the door and a wave of warmth and Taehyung’s scent hits him hard. He practically sags against the doorframe as he closes his eyes.

And his own scent must have increased because Taehyung looks at him and Soobin with wide eyes. 

Jeongguk is too embarrassed to tell Taehyung that it’s him who is so obviously turned on by his alpha smell, but Soobin clarifies.

“Jeongguk likes your scent,” he says with a laugh.

Taehyung smiles. “I like his too.”

The alpha’s face goes red, like he didn’t expect himself to voice that out loud, but Jeongguk savors the compliment, holds it close to his heart as he gazes at the alpha.

“Um–I mean, uh–let me show you to your rooms,” Taehyung stutters as he motions for the two to follow him. The tips of his ears are blazing red, and Jeongguk is sure his own are too. 

“I have two guest rooms,” Taehyung is saying as he leads them down a hallway. “My room is at the end of the hall, but both guest rooms have amazing views of the farm. You’re welcome to either one.”

Soobin goes for the room the farthest from Taehyung’s, giving Jeongguk a pointed look. And Jeongguk is very aware that Soobin is letting him know he doesn't want to hear whatever might go on between the alpha and the omega before the night is over.

“Thank you so much, Taehyung,” Jeongguk says sincerely as he helps Taehyung put his bags in the other bedroom. “I’m indebted to you and your family for this.”

Taehyung shakes his head. “You don’t have to thank us, Jeongguk. Really. I’m–we’re more than happy to help.”

Jeongguk smiles at him, unable to stop from allowing the words that have been playing at the corners of his mind to tumble out of his mouth. “I’d really love a chance to show you my appreciation.”

He takes Taehyung’s wrist in his hand, gives him that look, the one he saves for alphas that catch his interest, which is rare. 

Taehyung visibly gulps at the forward gesture. “Uh–I…” 

But before he can even say anything in response, Hoseok pops his head into the room.

“Getting settled in?” he asks with a happy grin.

It’s all Jeongguk can do to not roll his eyes at the interruption, though he knows Hoseok wasn’t trying to ruin the groundwork Jeongguk is desperately trying to lay.

“Y-yeah,” Jeongguk says with a sigh, but he smiles to hide his disappointment. He might not have been getting anywhere with Taehyung yet, but he at least wanted the alpha to know he’s very interested. “Taehyung has been so gracious to let us crash here.”

Hoseok nods. “Right? He’s just such a big softie for those in need. He even has these special little bath soaps he buys that only guests can use. They're in the shape of little wolves. It’s fucking adorable.”