10

He’s not embarrassed if the Kim's know he couldn’t control himself around their leader. 

Taehyung gulps as he stares. It’s fucking cute as hell, but Jeongguk holds back from telling him so. 

“I like it. Yes. You’re…you…I’m just…wow,” he stumbles helplessly.

They gaze at each other for several minutes until Jeongguk frowns as the yummy smells of the kitchen suddenly change. “Is something burning?”

“Huh?” Taehyung asks, still seemingly in a daze. 

But Jeongguk is certain now that something is, in fact, burning, and coming from the oven.

“Taehyung! Something is burning!”

Finally, Taehyung snaps out of his trance “Oh shit!” he shouts as he rushes to the oven and opens it. Smoke billows out in a plume of black and Taehyung’s oven mitted hand swipes the smoke away and reaches inside. 

At this point Jeongguk is behind him, wanting to see for himself the burnt tragedy that Taehyung pulls from the oven. He wishes he could do something to help, but baking has never been his forte. Grilling meat has always been Jeongguk’s specialty when it comes to cooking.

“Pie number two. D.O.A,” Taehyung sighs as he places the round black thing that had apparently once been an apple pie on the kitchen counter and frowns at it. 

“Maybe the insides are still good?” Jeongguk asks, trying to find something encouraging to say.

Taehyung looks up at him and smiles, and Jeongguk is relieved that he doesn’t seem upset. 

“You wanna help me scrape off the char and see if there are some apples we can salvage?”

Jeongguk nods. “I’d love to, and while I help you, maybe you can tell me what’s going on with my car.”

Taehyung blushes again, and Jeongguk can only guess it’s from how obviously distracted he’d been by Jeongguk’s day before Christmas Eve look. 

“Of course,” Taehyung says as he hands Jeongguk a fork to help start saving apple slices. 

They work together easily, shoulder to shoulder. Nothing’s been said about the night before (actually early morning, but, semantics), but Jeongguk knows that discussing what might be wrong with his only means of transportation out of Wolf Hollow is more important. Not to his heart, though. His heart is screaming for Taehyung to just kiss him good morning, but he holds back from letting the words slip.

“Your battery is dead. Probably drained from the exposure to the extreme change in temperature over the past day, coupled with the fact that it’s old. When was the last time you replaced it?”

Jeongguk stops what he’s doing and tries to think, but he really has no clue.