Chapter 9

Wednesday 3:14

"Ma, can I go out tonight?"

"With who and where are you going?"

"Kyla Nori wants me to meet some of her friends" i lie. I don't want her to know about Ty because I'm sure it's not going anywhere. She'll be gone soon.

"Just text me where you're going and text me when you get there. You want to use the car?"

"No. Kyla Nori getting me"

"You spending the night? You should. Let me get the house to myself"

"No, I'll definitely be back home tonight. Sounds too suspicious"

As i make my way back into my room, i think about ma. How she's been glowing lately. Her big brown eyes aren't saggy and red as i made them that day at the hospital. And she's been giggly and happier lately.

Yes, i care about her happiness but i also care about who it is that's making her happy.

I make a mental note to get home earlier than usual tonight and go to get ready.

I should've asked her where we were going because i don't know what to wear. I put out two outfits; one that's for an indoor kind of thing and one for an outside event and go shower.

After showering, i moisturize myself with EOS's Vanilla Cashmere lotion and rub on an Ushers exclusive cologne body oil and put on a bra and underwear.

After my post bath process, i start on my hair doing two dutch braids, doing my edges and wrapped them then moved to my lashes. I brushed them out and added mascara and then filled in my eyebrows.

Whats next? Or last?

Getting knocked out of my thoughts by the bell ringing, i rush downstairs.

"I'll get it" i yell grabbing the door. I didn't need ty and my mom meeting so I'll make it easier on us both.

"Well hello to you too" Ty says looking everywhere but my eyes.

I quickly snatch a couch throw off the couch and cover my body. How could you forget to put clothes on doofus?

I nod to her to follow me to my room.

"Your room is.. nice"

I look around at my bland room. It has a simple white dresser with my tv on it. My bed and a shoe holder.

"Please. It's ok to say it's bad"

"It's bad"

"Well thank you"

"This what you wearing?" She asks looking at me with the cover wrapped around my almost naked body.

"I think. I didn't know where we was going so i didn't know which one to wear"

"You look good in anything. Even that cover"

I drop the cover when she turns and throws on my robe.

"The robe too"

"Uh whatever. That's not the point. Are we gonna be inside or inside?"

She ignores my question and moves to the bed which lays the outfit choices. She chooses the shirt from the inside outfits and the pants from the outside outfit and hands it to me. I examine it before putting it down and grabbing the opposite of what she left on the bed. I can pick out my own clothes.

She puts her hands up and i walk in the bathroom.

Not liking the outfit, i go out of the bathroom and to my dresser.