twenty-one

Ty'Elle P.O.V

"This fit right?" Grant my personal stylist asks.

I turn to the mirror then to Charlie and Miriam. They nod in approval.

"Yeah, this good. The shirt could be a litttllee looser though" i advise picking at the green shirt on my body.

Grants nods and begins to help me out of my clothes.

"One more night, you ready?" Miriam asks excitedly.

"This what I been waiting for" I tell her but something is truly not right. I feel it in my soul.

"Wassup? Talk to me" Miriam says resting her elbows and glancing at me through the mirror.

"Nothing" i lie. "I'm just overwhelmed kinda. This shit is happening" i fiddle with my fingers after adjusting my light purple sweatpants on my hips.

"Ty, this is what you've been waiting for. Don't overthink it. It'll be just fine. You'll be just fine" Miriam encourages.

I plop onto the couch beside her.

"You'll be just fine" she continues grabbing my hand with a firm 'you got this' grip.

I tight lip smile and wait for her next words according to that wrinkle aside of her lip.

"Plus you don't have a choice. If you don't perform, I will perform myself. All this damn stress" she jokes and i chuckle.

I make a mental note to give both Miriam and Charlie a hugee special shout out tomorrow night.

I gather what's mines for tonight and head home, resting up for the night. Tomorrow is a huge day. A grand day. Too big to fuck up. Too awesome to not experience.

Autumn P.O.V

"Ma?" I call out to my mom trying to hold back my tears.

She reaches over the officers holding her back trying to get to me.

"Maaa" i cry as the buff, brown officer yanks away at my body pushing me out the door.

As I exit the threshold of my safe abode, one of my biggest fears come true.

There are multiple people scattered around the yard with large cameras thrown over their shoulders.

Some just have regular cameras with large lenses scoping out my face.

At once, they all run towards me asking me all sorts of questions.

"Autumn, do you admit to these crimes?" "Autumn, are you sincere?" "Do you care?" "Why'd you run?" "Did you think you'd get away with it?"

One specific interviewer sticks out to me. I observe the white lady dressed in all black, with a singular green scarf. Her auburn, curled hair and green square framed glasses to match her scarf.

"Hi im Elana Cantes with channel 9 news. We are here, live on Tuckaseegee road. An Autumn Jones is now being convicted of the death of three individuals in the state of Arizona about a year ago. A family has came forward with such accusations and proof to claim. Autumn is now being confiscated and taken into North Carolina police custody. I can only assume this will be a supreme justice case or she will be moved to Arizona to be charged. That's all now. Tune in at 9 for updates. Heading back to Evan Foster at the station"

My heart drops and i stand in disbelief but quickly tuning back in as another person speaks.

"Autumn Jones. You are arrested for arson and the murder of Miko Hayes, Anoni Truman and Keisha Johns. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be used in the court of law" another officer, this time white, fragile but loud reads out to me and the buff officer pushes my head down and into the car.