nineteen

2 days later

"Fuck you mean the shit collapsed?" I ask Miriam over the phone.

"A pipe leaked last week. They been tryna fix it before the tour but the water flooded everything and shit just collapsing" she explains.

"So wassup? They fixing shit?"

"They tried. Everything"

"So..? What's the next move? Where am I performing at?"

"That's the problem" Miriam starts.

I take the phone from my ear, put it on speaker, sit it on the kitchen island and go sit on my couch.

"Spit it out Mir" I let out awaiting the bad news.

"Ty'elle, the two other stadiums aren't gonna go. They booked up"

"How hard did you try?" I ask with my heart slowly breaking.

"Hard. Ty"

"So wassup? Last show is canceled?"

"Ty.." she trails off.

"Miriam, just tell me"

"If you want your last show at home, in Charlotte, yes"

"Miriam" I choke on the feeling in my chest with the tears forming in my eyes.

"Either that or we wait"

"Wait how long?"

She's quiet on the other line.

"Miri? How long?"

"I don't know Ty"

Trying not to cry, throw my head back and bite my lip.

"Ty?"

"Yeah? Ima call you later" I say getting up to get my phone and hang up.

Damn, I waited soooo long for this show. I had everything planned perfectly.

"Fuck it" I mumble grabbing my keys and heading out to my car.

Pulling into the ABC store parking lot, I sit back against the seat.

I'm not gonna do it. I just feel the need to be here.

For a minute, I observe the people walking in and out of the store. I wonder and base off of their appearance if they're addicts or they're just drinking to 'have fun'. Most of them look young. Not legally old enough to drink. 19 maybe.

Jet lets anybody purchase alcohol. Hell, I should know. I do know. He used to sell to me.

One person about 5'5, brownskin, and slim thick in black adidas sweatpants and a plain back hoodie caught onto my eye as they made their way into the store alongside a dude.

Autumn P.O.V

"Nobody's watching you weirdo. You're not special" Mari assures me as I swirl my head looking for the invisible cameras.

"Mari this don't feel right. Somebody gonna get me". I say being paranoid.

"Autumn. You're of age. Nobody's watching you, nobody's gonna get you" he says swatting away my paranoia.

He doesn't know about my addiction or my sobriety. I only came here with him for support. I was never ever gonna drink. He doesn't drink either but he's here for the party he and his homeboys are throwing tonight.

Being here is triggering but I don't tell him that but I do tell him...

"Mari, I'm hungry. Get what you gotta get, I'm going to get some food" I say backing out of the store and resting against the cool brick outing of the building.