Chapter 17

Autumn

"Nana, you up?" My moms yells through the phone.

"Yes ma im up" I say rubbing my eyes.

"Get up Autumn. I'm on the way"

I roll my eyes and get up.

Observing myself in the mirror, i sigh and begin to think.

My eyes were red but they weren't baggy or droopy. My face looks brighter and I haven't even washed it yet. Like I slept well. Weird.

After my hygiene and shower, I pack up the rest of my stuff and put it on the cart.

"That's all baby?" Ma asked resting her arm on her hip as if she loaded my stuff into the car.

I nodded and got into the car.

"You sad the semester over?"

"No. It was stressful"

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?" She laughed at my pain.

"Right. That's why i need a drink" i say expecting to see her reaction.

"Autumn you been drinking?" She raised her voice and scrunched her eyebrows.

I shrugged.

"Autumn?!"

"Ma chill. I'm playing"

Being a college student and not drinking is hard. As fuck.

"Chill my ass. Don't play like that"

"OK. Sorry ma.. what you cooking tonight?"

"Me? You grown, you cooking your own tonight?"

"Maa"

"Chill im playing" she jokes.

"Youre not even funny"

"I made lasagna"

I smile leaning back getting comfortable in my chair.

"Autumn, come get this shit out of my hallway" ma yells down the stairs.

I grunt and get up.

"Maaaa. You want me to put all this up now? We just got home, it's been a long day. Let's take a nap" I whine throwing my arms over her.

"Autumn get off me with your stink ass"

I remove my limbs from her torso and grab my bags and take them to my room.

"Ma, can we take a nap now?" I ask coming back downstairs and into the kitchen with her.

"Na, go take a nap. I'm not holding you back. I just wanted you to get your bag off of the floor" she confessed turning to fill up her water bottle.

"Noo maaa" i whine throwing my arms back around her torso.

"I said let's. Meaning me and youu!"

"Autumn, you grown. You don't need me to pat your back while you go to sleep"

"Ma!"

"Autumn go to sleep. You stressing me out" she replies opening the fridge grabbing strawberries.

"Fine!" I agree leaving the kitchen and going into her room.

I take off of my clothes, getting rid of my baby blue joggers and oversized T-shirt and crawl onto my mom's queen sized bed, getting comfortable and throw her sage green and cream cover over me.

"I know the hell you not. What you think this is? A sleepover?" She asks tugging at her covers.

"Yes!" I simply state snuggling into her matching pillows.