Chapter 06

Abhi noticed Adhya getting tensed, so he said, "I'm fine, Angel," to which she nodded, encouraging him to continue. Abhi took a deep breath before revealing, "It's because of my mom. I don't know why, but whenever I sleep, I hear a voice saying, 'You killed your mother. Because of you, she died.' I feel someone's hand on my throat, trying to kill me, but it stops when I feel your presence beside me."

Adhya, had lots of questions swirling in her head but first she pulled him into a tight hug, almost choking him. Abhi smiled at her reaction and embraced her back, his arms providing comfort. "I'm fine, Angel," he reassured her.

They stayed in that comforting embrace for a while before Abhi eventually sat down on the nearby bean bag, taking Adhya onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "Now, ask," he said playfully.

Adhya raised an eyebrow with a smirk, and he continued, "I know your little brain is overthinking. So, go ahead and ask."

Adhya couldn't contain her curiosity, and she bombarded Abhi with questions. "How come you understood the reason today? Whose voice is that? Why is it tormenting you?" She fired off one question after another, eager for answers.

Abhi chuckled and told her, "Whoa, girl, cool down." He continued, "Today, after Surya Chachu talked about Mom's story, that's when I realized that this dream is about Mom. As for the voice, I don't know. I'm not familiar with it, and I couldn't see her face. It was all a blur."

As Adhya processed his answers, Abhi rested his chin on her shoulder. She felt a tear drop onto her skin, and she gently cupped Abhi's face to see him crying. Her heart ached to see her Maan in tears. She asked, "Maan, what happened?"

Abhi, still teary-eyed, questioned, "Did Mom really die because of me?" Adhya's eyes welled up with tears too, and she hugged him tightly, her voice choked with emotion. "No, Maan, it's not your fault. It was fate. You can't change that. So, stop blaming yourself," she reassured him.

Determined to find the reason behind his nightmares, she promised herself that she would uncover the truth. For now, all he needed was her comfort, and she stayed in his arms, hugging him tightly. Abhi was grateful for her presence, which calmed his racing thoughts, and now he felt at peace.

As they sat outside, Adhya began shivering from the cold. Abhi noticed and suggested, "Shall we go inside, angel? It's already 3 in the morning." Adhya nodded in agreement.

Abhi gently lifted her in a bridal style and carried her to the bedroom. He placed her on the bed and noticed the fingerprints on her cheek, reminding him of the morning's incident. He sighed and took some cream, applying it to her cheek. Concerned, he asked, "Why did you come in between, angel? Is it hurting?"

Adhya just smiled and replied, "No, Maan, I'm fine. If not me, then who will protect you?" She added playfully, "And besides, you're my twin, right?"

Abhi's smile disappeared briefly, but he quickly recovered, nodding his head. He tucked Adhya into bed, and they both snuggled close to each other.

Adhya squeezed his hand gently and reassured him, "You don't have to go through it alone. We'll figure it out together, Maan."

As Adhya drifted off to sleep, Abhi couldn't shake the feeling of unease. He wondered why he was feeling this way when all she had said was that they were twins because they were born on the same day. What was wrong with that? He continued to ponder the thought "Am i only twin in her eyes nothing more?" as he drifted off to sleep beside her, trying to understand the complexity of his emotions.

The next day, Rohan and Abhi stuck to their usual routine and went for their morning jog. As they jogged along, Rohan couldn't help but notice the redness in Abhi's eyes. Concerned, he asked, "Abhi, didn't you sleep well last night?"