Chapter 32

Adhya POV:

As Maan said, "Dad, Chachu, my people caught Rudra Chachu. He is in the basement," the atmosphere in the living room changed from happy to tense. Everyone looked lost in their own thoughts. Priya Maa left from there as Sid and Akkash sat on both sides of me. I held their hands very tightly. I knew it is tough for everyone, but what should I do? He tried to take away everything from abhi. Papa told me, "Princess, it's up to you," and Dad also said, "It's up to you, Princess." Everyone agreed as I looked at Maan. He nodded.

I asked Maan, "Can I talk to him once?" He firmly said, "No, Angel." I pleaded, saying, "Please, Maan, think of it as my birthday gift." He agreed, as he never said no to any of my wishes. He took me to the basement and warned, "Only 5 minutes, Angel." I nodded and said, "Maan, can you wait outside?" He shook his head negatively. I sighed, asking, "Okay, fine, then stay back. Don't come until I ask you to." He nodded.

When I went near the bars, half of it was dark with no light, and the other half was visible to sunlight. As I called him, "Chachu?" he came out, looking at me. He asked, coming close to the bars, "Princess, are you okay? Oh my god, I thought you died because of me. I am glad that you're fine. I am sorry that happened, Princess. I didn't mean to hurt you."

I told him, "I am fine, Chachu. If not me, then who did you mean to hit, Chachu?" He didn't answer as I asked again, "You mean to hit Maan? How is that okay for you, Chachu? He is your son, your brother's son." He shrugged, saying, "Brother? whose brother? The one who always treated me as a second choice, the one who never really cared about my feelings."

I argued, "Chachu, what will you gain by doing all this?" He didn't answer as I continued, "Isn't the weight of Meera Maa's death enough for you? Isn't my accident enough pain for you? Why are you punishing yourself?" He didn't answer, looked into my eyes one last time, and went back into that dark part of the room. I sighed, getting up, and said, "Let's go home, Maan." He nodded. The ride home was very silent as both of us were lost in our thoughts. As we went home, everyone was already waiting for me, well, waiting for my decision, exactly.

I sat down, collecting my thoughts, as Papa asked me, "So, Princess?" I looked into Maan's eyes and said, "Leave him, Maan. He won't hurt us anymore." His eyes widened, and so did everyone else's. Abhi got up, asking, "What?" He asked again, "What the hell did you just say?" I repeated, "Yes, Maan, leave him."

He shouted, "He killed my mother, he tried to take my company, he tried to take you from me, and I have to leave him, Angel. What the hell are you thinking?" Papa came in, saying, "Don't raise your voice against her, Abhi." So, he shouted back at Papa, "Dad, it's between me and her. Don't come in between." I screamed at him, "Maan, is that how you talk to your dad?"

I turned to Papa and said, "It's fine, Papa. I will talk to him." Abhi shouted again, "What else is there to talk? I am not going to do whatever you ask, Angel I will show him the hell." I tried telling him, "Maan, please listen to me first." He screamed for the last time, "Fucking leave me alone!" Rohan Bhai came, saying, "Abhi, you need to cool down."

So, Abhi said, as calm as possible, which gave me chills, "Everyone here supports her, no matter what she does, right? Then why am I even here? Fine, take care of her. I am leaving," he said as he grabbed the car key and left. My dad tried to stop him, but I said, "Baba, give him some time."

I fell down onto the chair as everyone came rushing to catch me. I raised my hand, saying, "I am fine." Papa asked, "Why, Princess?" I looked at him, giving a weak smile, and said, "Papa, it was never his fault."

Papa nodded as my dad said, "But he was the one who tried to kill you." I said, "Baba, I am right here in front of you, aren't I?" Sid said, "Di, if you're thinking about me and Akkash, we are fine, Di. He needs to get punished for what he is doing." I said, "It's not because of you both. Now, you both go take care of Priya Maa, okay?" I said, getting up.