Chapter 27

I hope you've been enjoying the recent family drama chapters. I understand it might have been a shift from the usual pace, and some of you may have found it a bit bored or annoyed. But isn't that how life is? Full of twists and turns, unexpected moments, and a mix of emotions.

You've explored the intricate dynamics of a family, and sometimes that involves a bit of drama and some laid-back moments. So, here's a chapter dedicated to relaxed family time. Take a breather, enjoy the warmth of family bonds, and some intimate moments of abhi and adhya, and get ready, because there's still one more drama left for you in the upcoming chapters.

Happy reading!

Adhya POV:

I'm there in the kitchen, assisting Mom and Priya Maa. It's been a week since the incident, and Priya Maa has been quiet. Sid and Akkash have confined themselves to their rooms, only emerging when necessary. The family that used to be so happy is now a bit of a mess. Papa and Baba have reassured everyone that there's no need to feel guilty because we know what they are, and they are our family.

I set the table for dinner, still grappling with my mixed feelings toward Mom. Although we're on talking terms, forgiveness hasn't fully arrived. I can see a change in her, though. As I sit at the table, everyone is present, but the air is heavy with silence.

This has been the routine for a week. Every time I try to initiate conversation, it's swiftly shut down. This time, however, I'm fed up with the silence. Even Abhi, is busy as he tackles double the workload. I clear my throat, determined to break the heavy quiet and gain everyone's attention.

As I said "Hey, Holi's on Saturday. How about we hit up our village for some celebrations? It's been ages since I've been back," I suggested, but the response wasn't exactly enthusiastic. Papa suggested we postpone, "Princess, let's plan for next year."

Not willing to take a rain check, I poked Dad and pleaded, "Baba, please." After a moment's thought, he gave in, "Alright, we'll go." Papa seemed skeptical, so Dad assured him, "It's cool, Prem. Been forever since we went together. Think of it as a vacation."

Rohan Bhai agreed, "Sure, I'll clear my schedule." Papa persisted, "But..." Unfazed, I pulled out my best puppy dog eyes, "Papa, please, we gotta go. At least for me." And after a reluctant sigh, he said, "Alright, fine." I couldn't contain my joy and squealed happily.

Abhi stayed silent, so I nudged him, "Maan?" With a sigh, he conceded, "I'm fine, as long as everyone agrees." I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, "You're the best, Maan." Turning to my mom and Priya Maa, I asked for their opinions. My mom was on board, "Okay." But Priya Maa declined, "No, Princess. It's fine. You all go. I and the kids will stay here," she said.

I looked at Priya Maa and insisted, "No, no, Priya Maa, how can we leave you here? And if my brothers are not coming, there is no way we are going."

Turning to Sid, he initially resisted, "Di, you all go. I will take care of the company." I scolded him, "Seriously, Sid? Do you really think we'd leave you here and go?" He looked a bit taken aback because I never call him by his name though he is younger than me, but when I did he know he's in trouble. Realizing that, he surrendered, "Fine, I will come."

I turned to Akkash, glaring at him. He raised his hands in surrender, saying, "I'm in."

Finally, I looked at Anandh, who declared, "I am born ready."

So, I turned back to Priya Maa, and she gave in, saying, "Okay, fine." I sighed, and everyone laughed. It had been many days since we laughed like this. I was happy that finally, my family was slowly going back to its normal state.